Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 8:55:28 PM EDT
I don't remember hearing about it but it looks pretty nice.

Blackstone
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I was a guest of theirs in the first week of Jan. I do like the tac range and can program targets and some other things so far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I was a guest of theirs in the first week of Jan. I do like the tac range and can program targets and some other things so far.
View Quote

I didn't realize that they had a tac range. I'm going to have to make a trip next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure of the restrictions, if any, to the general public. I was given a generous go by the hosts there and I did enjoy it. May be going back in the next weekend or two. I'd call and ask and see what all they have to say about the tac range. It's the only one I did some work on, with M4s and M&Ps.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]
AAR: Took my six year old last weekend. You walk into the showroom and it is extremely professional and nicely setup. Spacious and almost elegant. This is much better than your typical Hyatts which is right down the road. They have a decent mix of firearms and accessories, but nothing to write home about.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I was approached to see if I needed help a couple of times, and all interactions were good.

We made our way to the back where the range is. They had us watch an 8 minute safety video and then sign up on an Ipad that was underneath. My info is now supposedly in their system so they won't make me watch the video again, hopefully. We are assigned a lane, which we can see beyond the bulletproof glass. Given the design on their setup, I left my targets in my  bag and bought two of their xxl targets. My son opted for a zombie ss officer.

You enter into the staging room, which features two more doors. The one on the left goes to another set of ranges (or I assume they are) that can't be seen by those behind the glass. There is also a nice industrial sink to wash your hands afterward, which is a nice touch. We entered into the door on the right which brought us to our lane in what I'll call the fishbowl.

We setup our target and used their automagic machine to put the target at 5yds for my son's single shot .22. He takes a couple of shots and I'm approached by the RO, who was in the room the entire time. He let me know that because of my son's height (or lack of) coupled with the relatively short range in which we had the target set, his shots were actually hitting the ceiling.

He was very cool about it and suggested that we move the target out to 10yds and provided my son with a stool. He brought this up to management before, so hopefully they address this issue in some way. With that said, he handled it great and was really cool with both me and my kid.

We shot for a while, and I noticed that the display showed how much time we had left. I assume that they assume you shoot in one hour increments. As it counted down, we were just about done anyway, so it worked out. We go to check out, and with me, my son, two targets, and a pair of ears for him it was $30.

Overall it was a very nice setup and I'll be going again for sure. Perhaps even a membership as $50 gets you unlimited access to the range.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Good deal. At least you can use aluminum cased rounds, if you want to, versus point blank range, which I have been told you may only use brass cased rounds. I think if you shoot enough, then the membership is a nice thing to have there. Plus you can shot an hour early, compared to regular hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top