Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 6:43:32 PM EDT
The Charlotte NBC affiliate plans to air a story tonight on legal machine guns you can build using parts ordered on the internet. The trailer video features select fire weapons and Larry Hyatt seems to confirm the "loophole" exists.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=912694665438691&id=119243191450513

I'm so angry I could spit! Why hasn't anyone told me about this magic loophole?!!?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The Charlotte NBC affiliate plans to air a story tonight on legal machine guns you can build using parts ordered on the internet. The trailer video features select fire weapons and Larry Hyatt seems to confirm the "loophole" exists.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=912694665438691&id=119243191450513

I'm so angry I could spit! Why hasn't anyone told me about this magic loophole?!!?
View Quote

Hyatt.

Always looking out for gun owners and the 2nd. Yes sir, only our best interests in mind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:23:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, I'm no fan of Hyatt's.

One employee I was impressed with, not sure if he's still there. Not been back in many years, nor will I ever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
At Hyatt's prices, you'ld think you were buying a machine gun.....  
Tried once getting spare parts there  like pins for the CETME/H&K G-3/91(the PTR version weren't out yet)  buttstock and the staff couldn't handle it....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The story was about 80% lowers which the reporter called "blanks". The claim is these blanks are very dangerous because there is no background check, and they can be easily turned into machine guns. The machine gun claim was followed by a clip of full auto fire. I guess facts are irrelevant to WCNC.

Larry talked about the fact that a background check was not required. Then one of his guys demonstrated how easy it is to build an AR, except he didn't start with an 80%.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top