Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 11:02:48 AM EDT
One of my buddies who lives near Charlotte asked me how he could find a recommended defensive handgun/combat handgun shooting class in the Charlotte area. I looked online and there appear to be several options. I think he needs to get basic handgun concepts and training and then move up to fire from cover, on-the-move shooting drills, tactical type drills, etc. Defensive Concepts NC in Carthage looks fairly close. Quite a few others as well. He might get hooked on it and end up wanting to do some carbine stuff too.

Any advice or recommendations you would have me send his way?

Thanks

ETA: Outdoor range is a must and he already has his CCW from Ohio. Glock 23 and 27
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a lot of option out there for people nowadays. I'm sure people will be along with some recommendations here in a bit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone? Hoping to help a friend out. No one in NC trains?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend Defensive Concepts. Looks like the place they use is about 2 hours from Charlotte, so it might not be a bad idea for him to get a hotel the night before class as it can be a long day on the range.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recommend Defensive Concepts. Looks like the place they use is about 2 hours from Charlotte, so it might not be a bad idea for him to get a hotel the night before class as it can be a long day on the range.
View Quote

Thanks... I'll get him their contact information and website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top