Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2015 8:10:27 PM EDT
I went to the soft opening today what a waste of time!  No decent sales, very little ammo, higher prices than Field and Stream.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking forward to a road trip..........Is it worth me driving PAST Bass Pro to get there?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to one in Fort Mill SC the weekend it opened.  They had tons of ammo, including 22lr. falling off the shelves.  And it was much cheaper than Concord Mills Bass Pro and Gander Mt in Mooresville.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been looking forward to a road trip..........Is it worth me driving PAST Bass Pro to get there?
View Quote

Its not worth a road trip, picture a Bass Pro without the fish tanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They had almost no .22 unlike the opening of the field and stream
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I went today as well....was not impressed at all.  Granted my LGS has great prices on ammo and guns so I didn't have the highest of expectations but still...doubt I'll be going back much even though my office is 10 minutes away.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went to the soft opening today what a waste of time!  No decent sales, very little ammo, higher prices than Field and Stream.
View Quote

Garner Cabela's?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
i think it's cool we are getting one.  but i went to the one in ft. worth a few years back while there for christmas.  i was not impressed.  it's just a bass pro with mostly the same stuff at jacked up rates.  i have a buddy that lives down near 40/42, so i'll check it out eventually but not until it's been open a while.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Not a lot of guns or ammo, but lots of other stuff.  Definitely an overall improvement over Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whaat?????  They had 2 pallets of bricks.  I got 2 and the wife got 2.  went back a week later and got 2 more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whaat?????  They had 2 pallets of bricks.  I got 2 and the wife got 2.  went back a week later and got 2 more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you read my post, Field had tons of .22, Cabelas had almost none
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#11]
They now collect sales tax online for you in the great state.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to one in Fort Mill SC the weekend it opened.  They had tons of ammo, including 22lr. falling off the shelves.  And it was much cheaper than Concord Mills Bass Pro and Gander Mt in Mooresville.

View Quote

I was at that same store yesterday.  All they had were 50 round boxes of Subsonic for $5.99 ea.  They had PLENTY of it in stock too...of course they did.  Who would buy that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

same here....went to the pre grand opening and 22LR, 22WMR and 17 HMR jammed selves...limit on all 22LR and 22WMR...bought my limit and stocked up 17HMR since I haven't seen any in over 2 yrs. Went back 2 weeks later and selves were still full. Bought my limit on 22WMR and stocked up on more 17HMR.

I haven't seen any 22 or 17 at Concord Bass Pro in forever.

Course I have always preferred Cabelas over Bass Pro. My Cabelas Alaskan Guide Tent is going on 19 years old with very lil wrong with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I stopped by the Garner store today to pick up some .22 I bought online. What a zoo! The store parking lot was packed, the dirt (mud) parking in the unfinished part of the shopping center was packed, and they were running shuttle buses to a lot about a mile up Jones Sausage Rd.

It was definitely not worth saving the shipping cost; I probably spent that much in gas trying to find a parking place.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I stopped by the Garner store today to pick up some .22 I bought online. What a zoo! The store parking lot was packed, the dirt (mud) parking in the unfinished part of the shopping center was packed, and they were running shuttle buses to a lot about a mile up Jones Sausage Rd.

It was definitely not worth saving the shipping cost; I probably spent that much in gas trying to find a parking place.  
View Quote
Wow glad I read this thread, I was gonna stop up there this weekend.  Maybe I'll wait.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top