Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2015 4:28:19 PM EDT
I am originally from Rockingham in Richmond County, but now I live in Clayton. I was able to shoot on family, friends, and wildlife areas when I lived in Rockingham, but now that I'm around the Raleigh area, I do not have anywhere to shoot that I know of. I hate driving two hours back to the county to throw lead downrange. Does anyone know of anywhere in Johnston or Wake County that is open to the public to shoot carbines?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested too.

I'm new to the area and haven't found somewhere to shoot long guns yet that doesn't require a membership.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wish there were more gamelands around here. Everything in this area is privately owned.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm disappointed you're SOL if you live in Raleigh and want to shoot long guns.... Time to move!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, Raleigh does not have enough room for a range like that to be honest. I just don't see why Johnston County or Garner does not have any ranges for long rifles. Hell, or even just a random gamelan section with a big backstop or hill to shoot into. This is what makes me miss living in the small, country "city" that I grew up in. I had no issues when it came to outdoors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, Raleigh does not have enough room for a range like that to be honest. I just don't see why Johnston County or Garner does not have any ranges for long rifles. Hell, or even just a random gamelan section with a big backstop or hill to shoot into. This is what makes me miss living in the small, country "city" that I grew up in. I had no issues when it came to outdoors.
View Quote

The problem there is not that there isn't enough space, but that it's all privately owned, so good luck finding a 80 year old farmer to let you blast willy-nilly on his land.  This truly is "pro 2A, so long as its blued steel and wood" thinking area.  

This are 2 of many reasons I will not be returning to NC once I ETS from here.......
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:07:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I love NC. Just the Raleigh area sucks for shooting. I just hate driving 2 hrs to family & friend owned land. Plus, Richmond County was filled with gamelands as well with free ranges. I'm ready to finish college so I can leave the city atmosphere. I miss the woods
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
About an hour from Raleigh. ENC Firing Range & Shooters Club

I live in Cary (I hate Cary) and that's where I go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About an hour from Raleigh. ENC Firing Range & Shooters Club

I live in Cary (I hate Cary) and that's where I go.
View Quote

I heard there was a range in Goldsboro, but I never knew the name of it. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
WAKE COUNTY RANGE.
100 yard indoor range., well lit, clean, and not shot to shit.

nice people and well run. Run by guys who split off from Sir Walter Raleigh club who was running it, They run it now as a part time business.

Link

PDHSC 25 yards indoor I think pistol only

Link

Eagle one. 25 yards indoor you can shoot rifles.

link

The range. Has three gun, IDPA etc...at certain times
link http://www.the-range.com/

I've shot at all these places.
meberships are $10 bucks.  except for the range which is show up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top