Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 8:18:10 AM EDT
Pa. has reciprocity w/ NC. maybe read the law wrong, in a veh. a CW has to be "not assesible ". w/ a LTCF/(CCW)  in Pa., while driveing weapon is allowed to be on person. when i lived in SC, years ago, remember a weapon had to be on the dash or in view when i crossed the state line. any good LGS on the Outer Banks? thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Pa. has reciprocity w/ NC. maybe read the law wrong, in a veh. a CW has to be "not assesible ". w/ a LTCF/(CCW)  in Pa., while driveing weapon is allowed to be on person. when i lived in SC, years ago, remember a weapon had to be on the dash or in view when i crossed the state line. any good LGS on the Outer Banks? thanks for any info.
View Quote

With a PC LTCF you can conceal it on you in the car due to reciprocity between PA and NC. Having it in plain view applies only if you do not have a permit to conceal it. When I moved here last year I had my PA sheriff change my address to my new NC address and I carried under my PA LTCF until I was able to obtain my NC CHP. Just be aware that in NC you do have a duty to inform any LEO that you interact with that you are carrying and that you have a permit. No drinking while carrying here, either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
NC does not have a concealed weapon anything.  It is a concealed handgun permit.  It allows you to legally conceal a handgun, and nothing else.  If you have a concealed handgun permit, you can keep your handgun concealed.  That is what the permit allows you to do.  Conceal a handgun on your person, which means accessible, even while driving.  Of course, there are places you can't have a handgun.  I suspect the list is similar in every state, such as court houses, schools, etc...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info on CC while driveing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top