Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 9:05:11 PM EDT
Only been out a couple times so far... haven't even seen anything worth pulling the trigger on- except for some damn mosquitoes
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Its been a tough year for us.  I've only seen a handful of deer. The wife and I killed two small bucks during muzzleloader season and I killed another yesterday with my .300blk (I'm a "meat comes first" guy).  That's all.  I didn't even see a deer during bow season.  Our property was logged hard this pat year so I blame a lot on that.  Not as many hiding spots I guess.

I'm sitting in a tree now as I write this with a bow.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't even seen any this year. I'm stuck hunting public land this year since the private land I had access to last year is no longer available.

2 buddies of mine have dropped 2 ea so far on another plot of private land, but no dice for me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping for one in the morning. Few times I've been out this year I have carried one particular rifle, without seeing hardly anything.  Well tomorrow I'll be taking out a cheap rifle that I got few years ago.  Every year it seems to work out that I'll carry around a nice rem 700 with no results, then I break out the cheap package rifle and- let the harvesting begin
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Only ones I"ve seen have been while driving to my stand before legal hunting time.  My game cams shows deer but they are all still moving around late at night or early in the predawn hours.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]

I have 5 or 6 in my backyard every day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
doubt i'll even make it out this year. maybe thanksgiving. started working at FedEx this year and I gotta work Mon-Sat starting Thanksgiving until Christmas. so, unless I get a couple early days, then none for me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I understand that "blue tongue" has taken a massive toll on the population this year.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got 2 down. One on gamelands and one on private property.  Meat is stacking up nicely

Shot one opening day of the eastern season and shot one last weekend.  Got a lease up in Virginia too
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a nice doe in Franklin county on the 25th. Would have liked a big buck, but it was the last 15 minutes of daylight on the last day I could hunt before i deployed on the 2nd. Anyway, got meat for when I get back in Jan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top