BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 7:51:24 AM EDT
http://www.wral.com/indoor-mega-shooting-range-coming-to-raleigh/14028391/

Raleigh, N.C.
— When it's complete, an indoor shooting range in northwest Raleigh
will be one of the largest in the nation and will offer more than target
practice and guns for sale, the facility's founder and owner says.

Bill
Edwards, who also owns North Raleigh Guns, calls the planned 40,000
square-foot members-only Triangle Shooting Academy a "mega-range" that
will include catered meals, space for parties and weddings, shooting
lanes, competitive shooting leagues and even a play area where parents
can safely leave their children.

When finished, Edwards says, the range will be similar to others, such as those in Tampa, Fla., and Richmond, Va.

<snip>

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Richmond has the largest and it doesn't even seem that big.  Nice people there though.  I've shot there quite a bit and bought a lot from them.  But the store in Richmond has struggled a bit since Sandy Hook.

Cool that Raleigh is getting something similar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]

I will have to check it out
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Early bird info and pricing on their membership form, as linked from their Facebook page.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Early bird info and pricing on their membership form, as linked from their Facebook page.
View Quote

damn thats pricey
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

damn thats pricey
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn thats pricey

You can say that again, looked good and sounded good.......till i saw the price.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Very expensive. Typical for this store. Over priced, unprofessional and poor customer service. I swore off this shop a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
From their membership link above:

"10. NO RE-LOADS! Prohibited ammunition includes re-loads (of any kind), black powder, steel core, tracers, armor piercing or other exotic ammunition. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm."

Yup, I'm out. I'm happy with my current range anyway
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

From their membership link above:

"10. NO RE-LOADS! Prohibited ammunition includes re-loads (of any kind), black powder, steel core, tracers, armor piercing or other exotic ammunition. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm."

Yup, I'm out. I'm happy with my current range anyway

View Quote

They rescinded that policy after getting hammered via email. This was sent to people on their list soon after the original notification went out.

When we did our survey, and had over 3500 responses, we never asked about reloads. Well, we have heard you loud and clear, and have done a 180. Members will be allowed to shoot their own reloads, or factory reloads! A waiver and release of liability specifically addressing reloads will need to be signed. We reserve the right to inspect all ammo. Tracers, incendiary, steel core and armor piercing rounds are prohibited. We also reserve the right to revoke or modify the reload policy. And yes, you can pick up your brass.

And in case anyone has questions, I have no affiliation with them other than as an infrequent customer and subscriber to their email list.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
damn thats pricey
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

damn thats pricey

Two pricey for me, I belong to two other clubs anyways.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Man I was pretty excited until I saw the price. I don't know who they are going to cater to at that price.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
No!!  What about the children??  Kidding aside, yeah, too pricey.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very expensive. Typical for this store. Over priced, unprofessional and poor customer service. I swore off this shop a long time ago.
View Quote

Me too! Visited this store twice, and never again! I wanted to purchase a can, I have money in hand. Was told both times that they need to take my phone number and the owner will call you. Never called!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Price is high, but it looks like you pay and you can visit as often as you like for no extra fee and you get guest passes.  

Went to a place in Ohio that had less pricey options than this place for indoor shooting membership, outdoor shooting membership, or a combo option for membership, but you had to pay the "membership" range fee of $10 for yourself and each guest every time you came to shoot as well as the yearly fee.  Non-member price was $20 or $25 per visit.  

Either way, too rich for my blood then and now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top