Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 10:47:53 AM EDT
Hi guys. Another dmv question.
I live in Wilmington. I'm buying a jeep in Greensboro.

Do I need to get temporary plates/tags/registration ahead of time, or would I get it at a dmv out there?
If I get them ahead of time, what info do I need?
And should I add the jeep to my insurance before I go get it?

I think the guy is a registered dealer, would he be able to do any/all of this for me?
(Talking to him tonight about it)

I can't find this info on the dmv website and like always I can't get through on the phone.

Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]

If he is a dealer he will put temporary tags on the vehicle.  I would call the insurance aget and give him the info on the vehicle since alot of dealers forget to call.

If he is not a dealer you can go by a dmv office in Greensboro and transfer the title and get tags.  Just have proof of insurance
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If he is a dealer he will put temporary tags on the vehicle.  I would call the insurance aget and give him the info on the vehicle since alot of dealers forget to call.

If he is not a dealer you can go by a dmv office in Greensboro and transfer the title and get tags.  Just have proof of insurance
View Quote

Perfect. Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this an additional vehicle or will it replace one you already have tags for?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top