Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 12:08:16 PM EDT
Im looking at moving into a two bedroom one bathroom apartment in Raleigh and I was wondering if anyone could give me a vague idea what they spend on water a month. I am trying to make a budget and need just an average. Im a single guy and would use normal amount of water (shower a day maybe two, dishes, ect) if anyone could give me an idea of what they pay that would be great.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Our water bill for a 3 bedroom house is under $100 per month.  When I used to live in a 2 bedroom apartment I think it was usually around $60-$70 per month.  Both apartment and house are within Raleigh city limits.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For two adults plus dogs in a three bedroom house is $50 - $60 per month.  I am in Raleigh just outside the beltline.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]
About $20 is what my water runs a month for my apartment.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
My water bill is about 25 a month for my house, 17 of that is just the base rate for service then its per usage if memory serves.

Have you thought about how much electricity will cost you? Back in my apartment shopping days I used to call the power company, gave
them the address of the apt I was interested in. They told me the average electric bill for the last yr for that resident. I found there was
a big difference in bills depending on how well the place was insulated, resident etc.. Newer apts generally are more energy efficient of
course.

https://www.progress-energy.com/carolinas/support/contact-us/index.page?

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Figure $25-30 per head for water

That's the typical average for apartment water usage.

Also, apartment water billing in NC has to be metered. They cannot RUBS charge here. That's where they take a bill for a building or a section of the property and divide it up amongst the residents.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top