Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
We had to leave around 4:30, but what a great time we had!  It was great to meet all of you and I'm still trying to put faces with real names / screen names!

I would have loved to stay for the BBQ - How was it???

What was the story with the ceasefire / ambulance???

Were you able to shoot all my Tannerite???  I think when I left there were still 10 or so 1 pounders that had not been hit...

Fill me in!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We had to leave around 4:30, but what a great time we had!  It was great to meet all of you and I'm still trying to put faces with real names / screen names!

I would have loved to stay for the BBQ - How was it???

What was the story with the ceasefire / ambulance???

Were you able to shoot all my Tannerite???  I think when I left there were still 10 or so 1 pounders that had not been hit...

Fill me in!!!
View Quote
I just got back myself, left about 5:45 after BBQ. A big thank you to Quantico, that was a great dinner! And I got a cool hat

BBQ and beans were great, probably some of the best Ive had.

I missed the ambulance by about 5 minutes, I passed it on my way in, so someone else will have to fill in those details, because I heard all secondhand info. ETA: it was NOT an ARFCOMer from my understanding.

Most of the tannerite got shot, some didnt because we had to stop due to the noise.

First time I ever shot my new ACOG at more than 25 yards, it made hitting that gong ridiculously easy

Thanks to everybody who arranged the meet, maybe one of these times I'll be able to camp too.

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The?  It was posted earlier in the thread that there would be absolutely zero tannerite detonated,  

I finally got my truck running about 3pm.  I was really looking forward to this shoot.  Haven't seen many old friends in over a year.  Was really looking forward to that cigar with Wraith and the gang around the campfire.

Sucks to be me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Golfroot - It was originally "No Tannerite" but then they lightened up a bit and said as long as it wasn't over 1 pound at a time, it was good to go.

I donated 20 pounds to the cause :)

We had a lot of smiling faces and the kids that were there loved helping place the stuff :)

AWESOME DAY!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Such a good time!

..I think I can still hear the 50...

I shot my first AK. Thanks Mekender!

I shot my first SKS. Thanks Mekender!

I finally got to shoot some of KMC123's toys; thank you KMC123! (omg that SBR is ugly-loud, lol)

...once again, I didn't shoot the only thing I own One of days I'll shoot that Mosin...

Golfroot; I think I remember seeing a license plate over a tent that said 'Wraith'...cigars you say? Hmm. Does he smoke good stuff? Does he trade for ammo?

I had intended on camping Friday night but I shared your luck today; my day blew up and I didn't leave the office until 6:30... Camping there seems like it has a lot of Good Time potential.
KMC123 - I came home with 4 lbs of Tannerite that we could find. The rest, as deemed by consensus, were popped.

11 'booms' was deemed 'about right' when we recalled how many went off.
I've got pics and videos up on OneDrive.

http://1drv.ms/1jiFGTI
Looking forward to the next outing!

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok so the story of the ambulance...

Apparently a guy in the training class that was going on... NOT AN ARFCOMMER!!!

So anyways, apparently he forgot to follow at least 2 rules while reholstering his sidearm. 1) Never point a gun at something you don't want to put a hole in and 2) Keep your booger hook of the bang switch.

By breaking both of those rules at the same time, the predictable outcome happened. The range and most of us there have a new story to tell... The shooter has a through and through hole in the back side of his calf... The hospital had a new patient... The ambulance guys were not bored... And the county sheriff has some paperwork to do.

Remember kids, breaking rules and being stupid is supposed to be painful... It keeps you from doing it twice. Apparently this guy has been heard to say that he had been shot in the past, so apparently he did not learn the first time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The fuck?  It was posted earlier in the thread that there would be absolutely zero tannerite detonated,  

I finally got my truck running about 3pm.  I was really looking forward to this shoot.  Haven't seen many old friends in over a year.  Was really looking forward to that cigar with Wraith and the gang around the campfire.

Sucks to be me.
View Quote

And I had something for you that cannot be mentioned here.  

Oh yes, it does suck to be you

Glad I missed the ambulance.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok so the story of the ambulance...

Apparently a guy in the training class that was going on... NOT AN ARFCOMMER!!!

So anyways, apparently he forgot to follow at least 2 rules while reholstering his sidearm. 1) Never point a gun at something you don't want to put a hole in and 2) Keep your booger hook of the bang switch.

By breaking both of those rules at the same time, the predictable outcome happened. The range and most of us there have a new story to tell... The shooter has a through and through hole in the back side of his calf... The hospital had a new patient... The ambulance guys were not bored... And the county sheriff has some paperwork to do.

Remember kids, breaking rules and being stupid is supposed to be painful... It keeps you from doing it twice. Apparently this guy has been heard to say that he had been shot in the past, so apparently he did not learn the first time.
View Quote

The story that was told to me by the lady who seems to be the owner/an employee:

The person in question was there for the training class. Running a 1911. The instructors noticed him clicking the safety off as soon as his thumb could get to it, which was before he cleared his own body and they pulled him off the line to practice his draw with an empty weapon. After he was put back on live fire..... well he didn't practice enough.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a great time, glad I brought the gong, it had a lot of hits, and it survived all the abuse.
I got to shoot full auto UZI, M1 Garand, 300 blackout, and Aug 3  
Shared my Sterling, Marlin 44mag, and 50 Beowulf, all shot great.
Perfect weather and BBQ was great, thanks Quanitco!  Got me a QT hat too.
Here are a few pics, my first son shooting

My number 3 son shooting

The stump after 50 Beowulf, stump loses and Beowulf wins

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
As Im sitting here on my couch in the quiet house, I noticed an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise.

Apparently the .50 shockwave got through both my ear buds and muffs
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]
We need a 'Thanks!' option on here.

I'm right here with you on my own own couch saying "dafuq is that eeeeeeeeeeeee I keep hearing!? "

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]

What an AWESOME pic!

You were so generous with the .50 too - THANKS!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Why did you guys have to put this in the middle of term paper season?
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#15]
The shoot was a lot of fun and I shot ALOT if ammo.  Thanks to everyone that was willing to pass around there weapons (.50bmg and UZI).

This is my wife shooting the .50.

Video of her shooting the .50.

50: https://youtu.be/LTuyuu7RjnM

Bandito shooting his .50

50.2: https://youtu.be/-TBitvuE4q4

FA UZI

FA UZI: https://youtu.be/o-MBXEodKcc

And later that night after a few tipped back.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fuck?  It was posted earlier in the thread that there would be absolutely zero tannerite detonated,  

Sucks to be me.

I really hated to miss the weekend.  I was really looking forward to it.  I believe you guys could tell it from the number of my postw in this thread,  Got a text or three wondering where I was and when I was gonna sghow up.

I'm not complaining about getting written out of workvthis week.  No wayt in hell I could drive there.  Oxycodone is keeping me down.  

I'm written out of work for this week.  My thumb is AFU.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I actually made it through most of the day before my back started to tell me that it had had enough. I wanted to stay for the BBQ, but something told me to go ahead and hit the road before it got too bad. Barely made it to Dad's house before it got too intense. Was able to lay down, shower and pop a couple of pain pills. I had a good time meeting you all and catching up. It seemed that everyone who shot my Uzi enjoyed it. I think the video posted above was when I had a jam. Most likely a bad mag. That thing rarely does that and I am in the process of evaluating 30 or so surplus mags that I bought. Guess I'll just have to load them all up again and let her rip. Mark the mag if it has a malfunction. Thanks again for a good weekend. Sorry if I can't remember your name. I am much better with faces than names, then you add screen names to the mix.

https://youtu.be/o-MBXEodKcc
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#18]
The after pictures of the steel I brought.

It is bent just a little bit.

Swiss cheesed.

Must have been a light load.

Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Might want to watch it in 1080 full screen.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Another successful Hometown shoot.
Thanks to everyone that let the local kids and range owners fire their weapons. We have stayed in the good graces of the owners and are welcome back anytime.

Quantico Tactical wants to know if anyone took pictures of the cooker working or the chow served up. He would like to see pictures if there is any. THANK YOU Quantico Tactical for all you do for us.

Those that didn't get to come for various reasons..........you miss one of the best hometown shoots EVER. Maybe we should get together more than twice a year.......
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Might want to watch it in 1080 full screen.

http://youtu.be/zMQ4fugGZBs
View Quote
That's a great video!

That API strike was awesome :)

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Another successful Hometown shoot.

Thanks to everyone that let the local kids and range owners fire their weapons. We have stayed in the good graces of the owners and are welcome back anytime.

Quantico Tactical wants to know if anyone took pictures of the cooker working or the chow served up. He would like to see pictures if there is any. THANK YOU Quantico Tactical for all you do for us.

Those that didn't get to come for various reasons..........you miss one of the best hometown shoots EVER. Maybe we should get together more than twice a year.......
View Quote
I'll +1 one this idea *grin*

I had intended to get pics of the smoker, but fig'd I'd do taht when I sidled up for some chow but... my time ran short and the Mrs. was reminding me to come home.

Thank you QT for bringing that beast. It was beautiful and hope everyone enjoyed the tasty meats cooked up on it.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I want to start off by thanking Anne Marie and Stony for once again allowing us to run a muck at their range. Huge thanks to Quantico Tactical for cooking for us and bringing those mags at such great deal.
 And lastly I want to thank all my fellow Arfcommers for just showing up and being yourselves. I had a great time and already thinking about the fall shoot
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Late night shenanigans.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Well shit. This is what I get for not checking the HTF on a frequent basis.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
This was my second time coming to one of these and i had a great time!! It was good too meet all of you guys and a huge thanks to Quantico and Take Aim!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:Thanks to everyone that let the local kids and range owners fire their weapons. We have stayed in the good graces of the owners and are welcome back anytime.
View Quote

I want to second that, the owners flat out told me that they love having us come out and look forward to having us there again!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Well guys, my wife and I ended up heading to the range like we do most Saturdays and ran into this fine group of people!

We had such a blast and enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Thanks to Jeepers for giving his time to help out on my wife's gun. Though the effort put forth was not successful, it was extremely appreciated!

Also, the guy that let me shoot his .300blk rifle(I apologize I never asked your name) thanks for the opportunity! Im half way done my own .300blk build. - please let me know who you are on here.

We are excited to attend the next event.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#31]
So I ran across this video of gun fails. I'd embed the video but it doesn't work properly when you try to have it start at a certain point. This has something to do with the other group that was in a class.

http://youtu.be/CuSPimsjRPs?t=2m2s
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Then there's the musical version.

http://youtu.be/XTGmTrQXrwg
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#33]
LOL. Great remix.

Original video by the guy that did it.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well guys, my wife and I ended up heading to the range like we do most Saturdays and ran into this fine group of people!

We had such a blast and enjoyed hanging out with everyone. Thanks to Jeepers for giving his time to help out on my wife's gun. Though the effort put forth was not successful, it was extremely appreciated!

Also, the guy that let me shoot his .300blk rifle(I apologize I never asked your name) thanks for the opportunity! Im half way done my own .300blk build. - please let me know who you are on here.

View Quote

Welcome, I wish I could of gotten it fixed for her. Let us know what you get worked out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I really feel bad for that kid.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be me (Brandon).  

Welcome to the site lots of info here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounded fun. What was the official attendance?

i would have loved to join, but the time and geography were not in my favor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sounded fun. What was the official attendance?

i would have loved to join, but the time and geography were not in my favor.
View Quote

Sign up sheet was 43 ARFCOMers and probably that many again local range members and people visiting to join the range. It was a good day on Saturday.....packed.

We also had several cancellations too. I think we could have 50 if everyone had showed up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Had a great time guys! Im Stephen otherwise known as the 6'2 270lb guy in the orange miller lite shirt and BCM hat!

Was awesome to hangout with many of you guys at the shoot. got a chance to shoot several guns I have never shot before (.50bmg,458 win mag,uzi) and got to mix some tannerite!

The ambulance was a nice touch as well. I called 1911 before I even knew what had happened.

Had tons of fun and can't wait to head out there soon for the next shoot.

-Stephen

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the fun. The uzi was fun. The pistol AK was interesting. Need a better way to keep the front down. I don't remember who hit the 300yd bowling pin with the 50. That was a good shot. There was a total of 59 50 BMG rounds shot. The cost came out around $138.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Today for me, nails the end of a hell of a work week, and in passing;
allowed me time to recall the mental images of the shoot.

Thanks to Stony and Ann Marie for trusting Wufman (again) & hosting us yet again! Believe me, there is a good deal of trust placed to accomplish an event like this.

Thanks to all the AFRFCOMMERS who made this event safe for a the attendees. Your attention to discipline is appreciated. My blowout kits remain sealed.
Exactly (0) medevacs from the rifle range. Other ranges onsite: Google "Darwin's Laws"

Much appreciation to David Hensley for the fine barbeque and fixins. Y'all should be very gratefull ,as I am amazed that a president and CEO of a growing supplier takes time out of their life to show up onsite at 07:00 to cook your supper. Outstanding!!  This company deserves your business.

Thanks also, to those who came and in the true spirit of these events, shared.  These are the efforts that truly spread our sport to new enthusiasts.
The Bandito's M99 Barret .50,  Oh5dee's .458 Win."Sporter",  Delta-10's IMI Uzi,  Doubleshot00's .300 BLK.,  All made wide grins on the range... and that's what it's all about!

To all those of you that make it out for the day and do not camp: you haven't really done a Spring Shoot. Just sayin'.

Thanks to Wufman for negotiating a better site (or did our hosts want us farther away from the general population?)

Thanks to MadMardigan for the imported jars of...of..Well I have no idea what they contained actually.

Always impressed by the craftsmanship of the Bandito's lasers.

Thanks to CamaroTD69 for smoking Golfroot's allocation of cigars.

Kudos to Chris for his pallet slinging skills, and ground crew for the "Happy Sky Lantern" fiasco.

Thanks Oh5dee for just hangin' out.

Next time Y'all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

JacobHare........did you get your wife's AR running? I just built another lower tonight and I think your problem might be the hammer spring. The palmetto spring I just put in this lower is super strong and resets with a LOUD thunk.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry I couldn't come. The event was scheduled during term paper season.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top