Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2009 4:53:20 PM EDT
Do stripped AR lowers need a pistol purchase permit under NC law?  If a rifle stock were attached to the lower beforehand, but the lower were otherwise stripped, it would then be a rifle, correct, because a pistol can never again be built off of something that has ever had a stock, unless specifically exempted from the NFA?
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, you do not. They are transferred as an "Other", so you must be 21, however. And yes, your assessment is correct.

v If the FFL is doing their job properly, then yes, that is correct. I guess the only thing that depends on the FFL is if they want to make Federal laws up or not.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the FFL but I believe technically fenderfreek is correct
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good to me.  I need to get my Concealed Carry permit so I never have to think about these things again (but then I'm sure I'd have a house full of weird old pistols inside a month)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top