Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2017 10:16:32 PM EDT
My old beater pickup truck is due for inspection.  The one problem I know I have is the driver side rearview mirror is cracked.  I assume this will not pass inspection but thought I'd check here to see if someone knows.

Of course. Arfcom, always knows!

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 2:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Mirrors (11 CSR 50-2.220)

All motor vehicles which are so constructed or loaded that the operator cannot see the road behind
by looking back or around the side of the vehicle shall be equipped with either an inside or outside
mirror, or both, that will reveal the road behind.
All motor vehicles which were equipped by the manufacturer with an inside mirror and all 1968
and later model vehicles manufactured with both an inside and a driver's side outside mirror, shall
be equipped in like manner. Do not inspect passenger side outside mirrors.
Reject vehicle if:
? Forward vision is unsafely obstructed by mirror assembly
? Mirror does not provide a clear view of highway to rear because of cracks,
discoloration or improper mounting
? Mirror is broken or has sharp edges exposed

? Mirror is very difficult to adjust or will not maintain a set adjustment
? There is no required mirror

Yes, it would fail.

Bottom part of page 28

https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/MVI/documents/MVIRegulationsManual.pdf
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I figured as much.  Thanks for helping out!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
what kind of truck year/make/model
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Rock Auto, or if it's something from back in the 40's-80's time, then Truck Depot or LMC might work for ya.

Also, nothing says in the motor vehicle inspection that it needs to be a factory mirror. Get a $10 or $20 exterior truck mirror at any Auto Zone or O'reilly's store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top