Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:33:31 AM EDT
Is anyone aware of a brass processing service in Missouri?  I have a large quantity of military 5.56mm cases that I want to get fully processed - This would include stainless cleaning inside and out, polishing, depriming, swaging (crimp removed), full length sizing and trimming brass to correct length.  I have a service available about 185 miles away in Indiana that does a great job but driving or shipping adds a significant cost to the process. Much of the brass will be resold to reloaders.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck on that.  Most of the guys I know who did other people's brass stopped because of too much press breakage due to poorly sorted brass.  Customers would state that it's all .223/5.56, no berdan, and it comes in with a bunch of 9mm and other calibers, steel, brass, alum, and mixed with berdan.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
My suggestion is to sell the brass you have and buy fully processed stuff off the net. i have a few guys who do an outstanding job. usually about $80 per k delivered fully processed and looking better than new..
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only fools buy "processed" surplus brass to reload.

First - leave the primer in so the user can confirm the brass in once fired.

Second - the brass will be either over or undersized, the user needs to perform the sizing in order to know that it is correct.  Sometimes it will be right, and that is not the way to bet.

The first post includes barred advertising.  Links to information about becoming a paid advertiser are found at the bottom of every page.
View Quote
Who's post includes barred advertising?  I wasn't advertising anything, just stating what I know from people who used to do it and stopped.  The original poster was looking for a service.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I buy processed brass from a guy in kck. $90 per 1k. Delivery included. I see him post in the MOHTF FB page.

And the stuff is in great shape. Maybe he can chime in with some advice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used these guys several times.  GTG

http://www.rvow.com/server/
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The first post in the thread; the author says he plans to sell the brass to reloaders.
View Quote
You are mistaken.  My post said: "Much of the brass will be resold to reloaders."  That is true but I never said I was selling the brass. The brass will be sold by a sheltered workshop group who employ disabled adults. This is to give them extra activities by packaging brass and preparing them for shipments. I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING and I'M NOT OFFERING ANY OF THE BRASS FOR SALE.

By the way, I am paying for the processing but donating the brass back to the organization so they will keep 100% of the proceeds. Again, I am not selling anything!!!!!!  You need to read more carefully before you accuse people of violating forum rules.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cool your jets.

You repeated your own post.  Reasonable people will read that to mean what it says, not some other scenario involving a third party.

Why isn't the sheltered workshop doing at least part of the work?
View Quote
My jets are not the issue my friend. I just deleted what I first intended to post as a response but this back and forth crap isn't worth my time. I don't need to answer any of your questions about the good work being done by a charitable group that I support. Is someone on trial here? My original post was just fine until you alleged that I was violating a forum policy.  Someone answered my question and I'm moving along.  I suggest you do the same.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
That's it. I'm going thru EVERYONES fuckin trash now!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are mistaken.  My post said: "Much of the brass will be resold to reloaders."  That is true but I never said I was selling the brass. The brass will be sold by a sheltered workshop group who employ disabled adults. This is to give them extra activities by packaging brass and preparing them for shipments. I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING and I'M NOT OFFERING ANY OF THE BRASS FOR SALE.

By the way, I am paying for the processing but donating the brass back to the organization so they will keep 100% of the proceeds. Again, I am not selling anything!!!!!!  You need to read more carefully before you accuse people of violating forum rules.
View Quote
I did not take this as, ""Hey guys, I have a ton of Brass to sell.  Does anyone want to buy?""...

I took it as, ""I'm looking for someone to provide a service"... Any ideas as to a source???

But then again, I'm not looking to be the Forum Crossing Guard...   

That's just me....  YMMV...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top