Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 7:25:31 PM EDT
Tell me about the good, bad and the ugly. I'll be visiting the area shortly after July 4th. Helping my son and daughter-in-law relocate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the better places near StL.   You'll need someone else for more specifics.  We have a number of insurance agents there I call on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
GRAF's reloading store

http://www.grafsreloading.com/

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice area overall with everything you'd expect a major city suburb to have.  If they're moving in to the city of St. Charles historic downtown is nice place to eat and walk around for visitors.  If they're moving somewhere in the county that could put them all over the place but still a nice place to live.  If you have specific questions or are looking for certain things to see gun shops, places to eat, or anything else I can answer any question you have and can point you in the right direction if you needed, PM/email me.  I grew up there and returned about a year ago so I'm familiar with whats around.  If your family needs some info about here I can answer that stuff to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
St.Charles, St.Peters, O'fallon are good areas to live, raise a family.  Just ask if you hone in a specific area.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Good area.  There is St. Charles city and County.   If you can be more specific we can give you some more ideas.  

Lots of good gun shops in area.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good area.  There is St. Charles city and County.   If you can be more specific we can give you some more ideas.  

Lots of good gun shops in area.  
View Quote
Bears repeating, it's a absolutely huge and varied area.   From historic downtown to vineyards in Defiance.

Also don't miss Sugarfire Smokehouse

You can also rent Machine Guns at Eagle Eye
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bears repeating, it's a absolutely huge and varied area.   From historic downtown to vineyards in Defiance.

Also don't miss Sugarfire Smokehouse

You can also rent Machine Guns at Eagle Eye
View Quote
You know what kind of machine guns they have to rent?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is a rack full of them at the rental counter.  MP5 and Thompson for sure.   I remember seeing a belt fed 9mm AR15.  They run a discount one day a weak.

They also manufacture their own line of suppressors.  Some of the same guys from C&S Metal Werkes are working their, but I'm not 100% of what the affiliation is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is a rack full of them at the rental counter.  MP5 and Thompson for sure.   I remember seeing a belt fed 9mm AR15.  They run a discount one day a weak.

They also manufacture their own line of suppressors.  Some of the same guys from C&S Metal Werkes are working their, but I'm not 100% of what the affiliation is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, I'll have to check them out. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eagle eye is a good time.   Think they have specials on MG rentals on Friday.   It wont be a cheap day, but you will have fun.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Eagle eye is a good time.   Think they have specials on MG rentals on Friday.   It wont be a cheap day, but you will have fun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got a Machine Gun Groupon for them today. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
St. Charles or St. Charles county?

St. Charles is 80% blue colar people that just want to live and for the most part have conservative values, you have about 10% hoodrats and vanilla ice types but that's mostly in the older parts of town and easy to spot.  Then there's 10% upper middle class corporate folks that border the other middle/upperclass areas in St. Peters, O Fallon and Weldon Springs.  it's a pretty RED county overall and the downtown historic area is neat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you to all who replied with the various tidbits of info about the area. I know they are looking forward to the move to the new place and job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top