[#1]
Pioneer is 200 yd
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pioneer is 200 yd
View Quote
Thank you sir. I've been doing some reading about them just now. Seems like a nice place. I may have to inquire with them and see about pursuing a membership there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been going to Parma a couple times a month for the last five years and for me the only real drawbacks are the 100 yard maximum and no rapid fire. I do like that it's clean and safe and inexpensive. I exclusively shoot NFA items (SBR's and silencers) and haven't been given any grief yet.

If I want to shoot fast I go farther north to River Breaks which is MDC owned but unmanned. Only 100 yards there too though.

Are there any private ranges in the KCMO area with greater than 100 yard distances? I would love to join something like that if possible.
View Quote
Pioneer has a 200 yard range.  They keep saying they are going to expand and make it longer distance but they've been saying that for a couple years now.  The executive board is turning over right now, so maybe some new blood will change some things.  The current e-board isn't interested in changing anything other than spending money on the trap ranges.

Millcreek is out in Desoto, KS and it goes out to 500 if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Lafayette rod and gun club in Higginsville goes out to 200m.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I was a member of a private range in Rolla. That was nice.

Does anyone know of a private range or club anywhere near Washington? I mostly want to shoot handguns, but a 100 yard place where I could do some rifle drills would be nice, too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been going to Parma a couple times a month for the last five years and for me the only real drawbacks are the 100 yard maximum and no rapid fire. I do like that it's clean and safe and inexpensive. I exclusively shoot NFA items (SBR's and silencers) and haven't been given any grief yet.

If I want to shoot fast I go farther north to River Breaks which is MDC owned but unmanned. Only 100 yards there too though.

Are there any private ranges in the KCMO area with greater than 100 yard distances? I would love to join something like that if possible.
View Quote
Hillsdale has a 200 yard range
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for the information. Looks like there are a few nice options that I wasn't aware of.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We so badly need a nice gun club north of the river.
View Quote
Lincoln County has cheap land...
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We so badly need a nice gun club north of the river.
We're on the good side of the state, not the bad
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish Benchrest was more open to the public/ guests; it's the only range around STL longer than 100 yds. My NFA dealer is a member there so I guess I could ask him to sponsor me.

Does the world shooting complex in Sparta have any rifle facilities or is it all skeet?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hillsdale has a 200 yard range
View Quote
Do you mean Hiiginsville? I haven't heard of Hillsdale.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Google says there's one in Hillsdale, KS.
http://www.hillsdalerange.org/
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If we're looking at KS, there's Millcreek in Desoto, KS.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
While I don't like it I can at least understand why they would do this. Have you ever been to a dept. of conservation range? There are some "interesting" characters there at times. The few times I have been to one I found myself asking, How do these people remember to breath,  let along shoot a firearm safely?
View Quote
Yep, free anything brings out the idiots. I used to shoot at the range on 63 outside of Columbia. I had to leave several times because of unsafe people.

Sometimes it was worth the extra drive to the range off I-70 in Williamsburg.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Thankfully, I've not shot at any the Public/Govt ranges in over 10 years...

Before I moved down here I was a member of both ARPC and 67 Gun Club.

ARPC is a great club just further than I want/need to drive too shoot and much more expensive.

67 Gun club is pretty close to home. Much smaller, but much cheaper.  I can still shoot Pistol, Shot Gun or Rifle.  Rifle goes out too 300.  Full Auto, SBRs, Cans, all OK as long as your not being an Idiot or unsafe. 

Really their only dumb rule is you can't shoot Pistol Caliber Rifles on the Pistol range. EX, My Scorpion Evo, 9MM.  
One can shoot it on the Pistol range all day (suppressed or not) as a Pistol.  Put the But stock on it and it magically becomes a Rifle.   I think its for the old guys who can't keep up on all the different HW and makes it easier to identify.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thankfully, I've not shot at any the Public/Govt ranges in over 10 years...

Before I moved down here I was a member of both ARPC and 67 Gun Club.

ARPC is a great club just further than I want/need to drive too shoot and much more expensive.

67 Gun club is pretty close to home. Much smaller, but much cheaper.  I can still shoot Pistol, Shot Gun or Rifle.  Rifle goes out too 300.  Full Auto, SBRs, Cans, all OK as long as your not being an Idiot or unsafe. 

Really their only dumb rule is you can't shoot Pistol Caliber Rifles on the Pistol range. EX, My Scorpion Evo, 9MM.  
One can shoot it on the Pistol range all day (suppressed or not) as a Pistol.  Put the But stock on it and it magically becomes a Rifle.   I think its for the old guys who can't keep up on all the different HW and makes it easier to identify.
View Quote
I've run into the same thing at Pioneer. I've been turned in a couple times for shooting my Scorpion on the pistol range. If the person would have just approached, I would have shown them I was shooting slow 9mm suppressed, and probably let them shoot a mag through it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Really their only dumb rule is you can't shoot Pistol Caliber Rifles on the Pistol range
View Quote
I've always held the belief that my subguns are full auto and thus specifically considered under Title II to be machineguns and as such they are certainly not pistol caliber carbines.  Thus said they aren't specifically prohibited on the pistol range.  I've never caught any grief over it.  Always remember that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've always held the belief that my subguns are full auto and thus specifically considered under Title II to be machineguns and as such they are certainly not pistol caliber carbines.  Thus said they aren't specifically prohibited on the pistol range.  I've never caught any grief over it.  Always remember that it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
View Quote
Not because of your post, but because I forgot to mention it, When I posted about Pistol Caliber Rifles, I was specifically speaking about a Scorpion Evos and a MAC-10 that someone had put butt stocks on and was shooting over there.  One of the Fuds saw it and flipped out....

Because you mentioned Full Auto, Ironically, they do not care if you shoot full auto over there as long as it doesn't have a stock on it...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top