Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 6:22:28 AM EDT
Anyone know the officer or some details of his condition?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Only what is on the news.  His name is Thomas Wagstaff, a 15 year veteran. From the pictures yesterday, it looks like he was in his car when wounded.  (The patrol car was pictured wedged between a Coke Van and a Tree). If that is the case, I really hope the glass slowed velocities way down.  The KC news is still reporting he is in Critical condition, so not out of the woods.

http://kmbc.com/article/charges-detail-home-invasion-that-led-to-shooting-of-police-officer/9208093?src=app
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There is some question as to who he was shot by, perps, or fellow officer..... Sad deal....
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully it wasnt a fellow brother..Almost every officer ive ever shot with really sucked for the profession they are in. To some guys its just the hammer that goes with their job. A lot of depts only have their guys shoot on qual day per guidelines. Most of the time they shoot its on a flat concrete range at paper targets to. Ive seen very few who take situational awareness seriously. I really hope he makes a full recovery and those bastards go down hard!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Friendly fire accidental probably a bullet skipped.

I also pray he makes it .Cant comment further.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Friendly fire accidental probably a bullet skipped.

I also pray he makes it .Cant comment further.
View Quote
Thanks brother
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top