Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 7:00:35 PM EDT
Been trying to log in for a few weeks and it won't let me.  Tried to register a new email and account, will not let me.  Tried to use the "contact us" option.  Will not work.  Tried to look at the trouble shoot section, got the 404 code.  Tried multiple computers, all apple.  Anyone else having problems?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, same here. Its been like that for a while.

Shame. In the early days KCGT was awesome.

Now MWGT is just overrun with overpriced spamming vendors.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, they've gone from instant publication of ads to an approval system, citing spam issues. I don't believe it for one second. I used to monitor the site constantly at its busiest times, post Sandy Hook. Never saw much of a spam problem at all. I think what they're doing is snagging the good deals before they hit the site.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, same here. Its been like that for a while.

Shame. In the early days KCGT was awesome.

Now MWGT is just overrun with overpriced spamming vendors.
View Quote

Without us evil vendors paying to be on there, MWGT wouldn't exist.  You get to post all your adds for free.  I have to pay 600 a year.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Their site went offline for an extended period of time a year or three ago.  Lost all accounts, had to re-register, etc.  I felt like it never recovered in traffic afterwards.  It was a good site prior to that.  Now there's just Armslist...the Craigslist of firearms classifieds where people try to sell used Glocks for more than they cost new yet offer you half asking price on reasonably priced items.

Never go to either anymore.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Without us evil vendors paying to be on there, MWGT wouldn't exist.  You get to post all your adds for free.  I have to pay 600 a year.
View Quote
No one said you were evil bro.  Im not sure MWGT really needs to exist either.

That said, I dont know what vendor you are....but best of luck to you. Im sure its hard to compete with the internet now-a-days.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That said, I dont know what vendor you are....but best of luck to you. Im sure its hard to compete with the internet now-a-days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry man,  just a little defensive.  It gets a little old when people send me emails to gtfo.

I tried to email the owner about a month ago and never heard back from him.  Don't know if he's dead, in jail or out of the country.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like they took the vendor money and ran.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know......  They are still letting us post.

They never really did recover from the outage they had a year ago.  Its starting to come back, but nothing like it was.

I get a lot more response off mwgt than I do armslist.  I hate to see anything happen to it.  

I wish they would sell it off to someone that wants to put the work in with it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Never have liked it. Their "mods" act like they are running a 10 million dollar site and they are saving the world..Lots of fucktards and douchery on there..
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never have liked it. Their "mods" act like they are running a 10 million dollar site and they are saving the world..Lots of fucktards and douchery on there..
View Quote
No comment
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you the one who posts a bunch of ads in a row about your "NEW Glock 17", "NEW Glock 22", "NEW Glock 23", "NEW Glock 19", etc? If so, please knock that shit off and just list all your guns in one post like the other dealers. Considering the whole point of browsing MWGT is to avoid buying from a dealer, it sucks whenever a bunch of dealer ads knocks all the other ads from the "recently posted" column. Thanks and take care.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone must be watching.....seems to be working today.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are you the one who posts a bunch of ads in a row about your "NEW Glock 17", "NEW Glock 22", "NEW Glock 23", "NEW Glock 19", etc? If so, please knock that shit off and just list all your guns in one post like the other dealers. Considering the whole point of browsing MWGT is to avoid buying from a dealer, it sucks whenever a bunch of dealer ads knocks all the other ads from the "recently posted" column. Thanks and take care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate the dealers spam with a passion. Post a gun or two per day and be done with it. We don't need to see every single fucking model your failing business has in stock. That isn't why people go there. Not my site, not my rules, but that's my 2 cents.

Pro tip: Save your 600 dollars and post less. People will like you more. By "people" I mean every single person I know who looks for local guns.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Also, they've gone from instant publication of ads to an approval system, citing spam issues. I don't believe it for one second. I used to monitor the site constantly at its busiest times, post Sandy Hook. Never saw much of a spam problem at all. I think what they're doing is snagging the good deals before they hit the site.
View Quote
You nailed it!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Since the other day I posted it was back....the ads instantly list with no approval.

The "NICK" dealer in P.Hill kills me with the BS. "GLOCK 19 HARD TO GET!!!1" LOL
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since the other day I posted it was back....the ads instantly list with no approval.

The "NICK" dealer in P.Hill kills me with the BS. "GLOCK 19 HARD TO GET!!!1" LOL
View Quote
At least he mostly consolidates his shit into one post, unlike some of the other dealer dickheads on there. 816 Guns and Gunners will NEVER see a penny from me because of their spamming ways.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top