Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2017 9:03:53 PM EDT
A couple of questions,is an Ok CCW permit good in MO if it is do you have to tell an officer when carrying?
What parts of town are best to stay out of?Will be going to Bass Pro Shop for sure,not sure where else at this time any suggestions?
thanks for any help.
What's the area around the I-44 and highway 65 like?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I-44 and 65 is meh.  Meh at best.  Nothing much worth going up on the north end for.  

Stay south end man.  Nothing much worth going much more North than Bass Pro.  

If a cop pulls you over or does some sort of investigative stop on you-yes-tell him you're CCWing.   Otherwise, no bother.  He'd look at you like "so what?"
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I-44 and 65 is meh.  Meh at best.  Nothing much worth going up on the north end for.  

Stay south end man.  Nothing much worth going much more North than Bass Pro.  

If a cop pulls you over or does some sort of investigative stop on you-yes-tell him you're CCWing.   Otherwise, no bother.  He'd look at you like "so what?"
View Quote

Thanks for the information,here in Oklahoma we're required to inform officer immediately  on contact.
Was wondering about north end because wife has been looking at hotels there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the information,here in Oklahoma we're required to inform officer immediately  on contact.
Was wondering about north end because wife has been looking at hotels there.
View Quote

Copy.  Yes-upon contact you should notify but to voluntarily initiate the contact on your own is not necessary.  I'm sure they view everyone as carrying a gun.  

I'd still recommend a hotel on the south side of town probably.  

You'd probably be fine on north end with no problems and it would be right off I-44 for you.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No, you don't have to tell the LEO that you are carrying.  If you want to tell them, go for it.  I would not offer that information, but that is me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Any good eating places you would recommend? Mexican or steak house.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any good eating places you would recommend? Mexican or steak house.
View Quote

Since you are carrying, you might as well go downtown to 417 Taphouse it is owned by a ARF member.

Don't for get the NRA Firearms Museum at Bass Pro while your there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#7]
If you really like homestyle cooking and lots of it go to Lambert's.  You order your main meal then they go around with carts and dole out as much fried potatoes, fried okra, green beans, etc. as you can eat.  They also have a guy that comes around and throws piping hot rolls at you from across the room if you raise your hand.

Also, if you like caves there are a few in the area.  Fantastic caverns to the north, and crystal caves to the south-they are within a 15 minute drive.  There is also smallin civil war cave, but I have not been to that one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you really like homestyle cooking and lots of it go to Lambert's.  You order your main meal then they go around with carts and dole out as much fried potatoes, fried okra, green beans, etc. as you can eat.  They also have a guy that comes around and throws piping hot rolls at you from across the room if you raise your hand.

Also, if you like caves there are a few in the area.  Fantastic caverns to the north, and crystal caves to the south-they are within a 15 minute drive.  There is also smallin civil war cave, but I have not been to that one.
View Quote

Lambert's is one of the places we were planning on eating at,we've been there several times.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Wolf hunter solutions is my go to for quality parts and accessories and they are close to Grizzly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wolf hunter solutions is my go to for quality parts and accessories and they are close to Grizzly.
View Quote

That IS a cool store.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just googled Wolf hunter solutions will have to make sure to go there and grizzly also.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whole Hog BBQ near Bass Pro just East on Sunshine about a block.
View Quote

Is the sausage any good?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Springfield Leather is a neat store to check out if you think you might have some interest in making your own holster some day. Lots of tools, leather pieces, and knowledgeable people in there. http://springfieldleather.com/

Wilson Creek Battlefield is interesting. However, they moved their Museum out a few years ago and I'm not sure if they ever replaced it. Had lots of civil war guns and uniforms. Worth a visit. https://www.nps.gov/wicr/index.htm
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Any good mexican restaurants?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mexican Villa used to be good years ago. (don't know now though)
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#18]
If you wat to hit Wolfhunter Solutions you better do it soon.  There was a pile up of about 36 suppliers saying he owed tens of thousands on unpaid bills just last week.  His Instagram blew up enough that they got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#19]
If you have the time, the Ralph Foster Museum on the campus of the College of the Ozarks in Branson is worth checking out. They have a pretty decent firearms exhibit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you wat to hit Wolfhunter Solutions you better do it soon.  There was a pile up of about 36 suppliers saying he owed tens of thousands on unpaid bills just last week.  His Instagram blew up enough that they got rid of it.
View Quote

I hate to hear that.  That is a cool store.  Hope it's not true but with the inventory levels I saw on hand-I can see where they might've been overstocked.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#21]
It's not the first time the behind the scenes owner has done that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully they'll last a couple more weeks,sure would like to see the place.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Never even heard of wolfhunter solutions. Will have to swing by and check them out tommorrow.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#24]
For BBQ....City Butcher on South Campbell for lunch, or CB Social House downtown on Patton for dinner.  Both are same owners and have simply amazing BBQ.  If you want steakhouse, go to Flame downtown on Walnut for nice or Jim's Steakhouse on Glenstone Ave. for more casual.  If you want Mexican go to La Paloma or Old Mexico, both on East Sunshine St.  There is nothing else to do but eat.  Bass Pro will be a one and done thing.  If you want more to do, drive south to Top of the Rock.  We have nice outdoors, so get south to the hills and enjoy some time outside by the lake.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tortilleria Perches on Kansas Expressway and Sunshine.  If you want excellent BBQ I recommend City Butcher on S. Campbell.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#26]
How's Emo's Pizza?My wife wants to go there again,she keeps telling me it's real good.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How's Emo's Pizza?My wife wants to go there again,she keeps telling me it's real good.
View Quote
You probably mean Imo's (St. Louis style pizza) and people either love it or absolutely hate it...you've been warned. 
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh.....id rather get The Big Slice on sunshine.  New york style big single pieces with very thin crust. Try Imo's though once.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did he sell his Corvette yet...??

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:22:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You probably mean Imo's (St. Louis style pizza) and people either love it or absolutely hate it...you've been warned. 
View Quote

What's St. Louis style pizza, I'm used to like Dominos or pizza hut what's the difference?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What's St. Louis style pizza, I'm used to like Dominos or pizza hut what's the difference?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thin crust, small square cut pieces.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It also uses Provel cheese. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right.  I dont hate it.....just having eatn for so many yrs.....ill pick Aris or the big slice if im getting pizza.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok I have had that style before and it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks everybody for all the good suggestions.We'll be there 16-18 is there anything else going on that weekend like gun shows ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#37]
There is a monthly USPSA match on the 18th just west of Springfield in Billings.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Imos is good but kind of pricey.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There is a monthly USPSA match on the 18th just west of Springfield in Billings.
View Quote

Is there a charge for admission just to watch?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Is there a charge for admission just to watch?
View Quote

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Cafe Cuzco on Commercial Street, I'll expect a thank you card.
If your have no idea what to order ask the wait staff.  They are never wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top