Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 2:54:33 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm restoring a 1965 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser and have completed most of the rust repair myself. I was able to buy rear quarters, wheel wells, the rear bed section, etc. from a company that reproduces them. I'm currently working on re-skinning one of the doors and there are no patch panels available. What I need is a piece of 16 gauge steel with a couple of beads rolled into it. Anybody know of someone who does that kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Rocks Rod and Custom down in the caves in Independence.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't help but 16 is kinda thick for a body panel..,
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
18g would be fine, but the rest of the body is 16g.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Those old FJ's are pretty cool.  Post pics when you get it all together.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
When I got it:
Attachment Attached File

About 6 months later:

Attachment Attached File

Rust repair:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The passenger door I'm working on is the last bit of rust repair, then it's time to disassemble and get it to the paint shop.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rocks Rod and Custom down in the caves in Independence.
View Quote

Thanks for the recommendation! He was able to fix me up. Professional guy and does what he says he will do. I will probably have him paint the thing when I'm done.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad Jason got you fixed up, I've known him for years he grew up building hot rods and is an excellent fabricator. I need to go see him one of these days, I haven't talked to him in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top