Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2016 10:38:55 PM EDT
Hey all. I'm new to the site. Have bought my first ar 15. It's shipping in as we speak. I should have it in my possession by Wednesday. I'm doing all the research now on sights and grips and mags and all that glorious stuff. I'm curious if there is a group in my area (Springfield) that gets together to shoot or anything. Maybe to help out noobs like me figure out how to set up my sights and what not. Just curious. Looking forward to learning from everyone on the site.

I have a hand gun and my ccw and am quite comfortable with that but now I'm looking to expand my knowledge base.

My wife is from higginsville so I do end up there frequently as well if anyone knows a good place to shoot when I'm there "visiting" the in-laws.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]

IM sent & welcome to ARFCOM...!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Arf!  I also have family in Higginsville but don't get up there too often
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how many of us are in the Spfd area.  We don't do anything awesome like the guys up NW and NE.  If you are shopping for AR accessories in town Eagle Pawn on Battlefield and Loftis on Kearney have Magpul and other parts in stock but its usually a lot cheaper to order what you want.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I live 10 minutes from Higginsville. If your ever heading this way, hit me up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome. Springfield here too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey all. I'm new to the site. Have bought my first ar 15. It's shipping in as we speak. I should have it in my possession by Wednesday. I'm doing all the research now on sights and grips and mags and all that glorious stuff. I'm curious if there is a group in my area (Springfield) that gets together to shoot or anything. Maybe to help out noobs like me figure out how to set up my sights and what not. Just curious. Looking forward to learning from everyone on the site.

I have a hand gun and my ccw and am quite comfortable with that but now I'm looking to expand my knowledge base.

My wife is from higginsville so I do end up there frequently as well if anyone knows a good place to shoot when I'm there "visiting" the in-laws.  

View Quote

I actually live just north of Higginsville and am a member of the Lafayette Gun Club.  It is a private range but I can take guests.  I go usually on Fridays as they often have lots of competitions on Saturdays, but I can see.  If you or anyone else in the area wants to try, I would be happy to take a couple there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck no. Everyone in Springfield sucks. No one ever wants to meet up. There's active members on the forum from there but in 4 years of being in he area no one has ever got together.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Another Springtowner here but I spend 70+ hours a week at a bar so not much chance of shooting. If you have any questions about anything though feel free to stop in at 417 Taphouse and we can discuss the finer points of the AR over some food and drink.

I've spent way too much money on different parts trying to find what I like best, I try to help others from making the same mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the Ozarks
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another Springtowner here but I spend 70+ hours a week at a bar so not much chance of shooting. If you have any questions about anything though feel free to stop in at 417 Taphouse and we can discuss the finer points of the AR over some food and drink.

I've spent way too much money on different parts trying to find what I like best, I try to help others from making the same mistakes.
View Quote

I'm sitting in your bar right now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Whalecum
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live 10 minutes from Higginsville. If your ever heading this way, hit me up.
View Quote

I didn't realize there were so many people close to me.  I live about 15 min from Higginsville.  I've been there at least a few times a week with the recent hail storm they had as I own a restoration company.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to avoid me I see.

Tuesday and Thursday evenings are the only nights I don't work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe next time brocephus. I'm a little sad you raised the price on the 22 though. ????
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, should've got a kalashnikov.  

Eagle Armory on north national is my preferred fun shop in town. I'm always willing to go shooting.  And no, nobody local ever seems to get together to have fun.

If you see a 4 door M35a2 running around springfield,  that'd be me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eagle Armory on north national is my preferred fun shop in town. I'm always willing to go shooting.  And no, nobody local ever seems to get together to have fun.

View Quote

You should message me sometime.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Maybe next time brocephus. I'm a little sad you raised the price on the 22 though. ????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicken pricing has gone insane. A year ago we were paying $47 a case, the same product right now is $95.

It is cheaper during lunch if you're ever downtown before 3 M-F.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before long. Right now getting 2 6x6 trucks ready for the army truck show is eating all my extra time, & ammo money for good measure.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm local to Spfld.

Grove
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome, I live in Kansas city but I come down by Osceola and Humansville a lot,

We have property down there, If a few want to get together and shoot Im game.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you might be my neighbor. I was in the backyard over the weekend and thought I saw a Deuce & Half about a block over. We had to run to the store later so I made a point of going over past where I saw the truck and, lo and behold, there was a M35 that someone had turned into a quad cab with a short bed. Cool truck. I used to have a 53 Studebaker M35 I bought from GovLiquidation (and used as a big green lawn ornament).
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#25]
More ARs in Springfield is a good thing.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the man with a 20" A2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top