Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 4:28:27 PM EDT
I recently moved back to the east side, and I've been trying to stop in at some of the shops and ranges as I can.  They're all new to me (except Denny Dennis) as I moved away back in '90.

I was wondering if any of the shops, big or small, deal better than others for used handguns, or if there are any shops that I should specifically avoid that are known to offer way under value.

When I was still in Jeff City I stopped by several places seeing what they could do for a 45 I was trying to sell.  The offers were either really low or complete lack of interest.  I thought about selling it online, but that always makes me nervous.  I've had bad experiences selling things a lot less serious than guns online, so I'd rather trade or sell face to face.  I was about to give up when one of my wife's friends said that Family Pawn was the best place to try.  Sure enough they offered me more than anyone else by a long shot so I sold it to them.  I'm kind of hoping there's somewhere around here that's the same.

I finally decided to drop the hammer on a Colt New Agent.  Of course, now that I made up my mind it turns out that they don't make them anymore.  I guess I'm going to have to buy one online since I can't find one anywhere local where I can trade.  I need to sell my current 45 first to raise the funds, though.  

So if anyone can recommend a good place to deal with around here, I'll give them a try.  I might try Family Pawn in Jeff City again when I go back to visit some friends at the end of August if nothing around here pans out.  I suppose I could also try the EE here and see if I could find someone local to do a face to face sale.

Also, if anyone knows a shop around here that I missed that has a New Agent in stock, that would work too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Best place????

The MOHTF EE thread!!  Oh wait........  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Who sells guns?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If your selling used....sell it FTF to get the best deal....Gun shops or pawn shops...aren't going to give you shit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ultimate Defense sells them for you and in return gets 15% off final sale price.  they put them on their gun wall and list them on gun broker for you and handle the whole transaction.

I've sold a couple through them and couldn't have been happier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top