Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2016 12:32:13 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure yet, but I'd like to know more about Catherine Hanaway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure after watching those video's....I want her...."neutral tax revenue" .....she is going to raise something.

Side note....I remember writing about how messed up the roads where....back when the democraps where using the gas tax for general funds, instead of for the roads.  IMOP, we are paying the MODOT Administrators way to much...I think highest was 150k something.  

We should also move all gov employee's to a 4% 401k match and stop funding their retirement.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't watch this, but I thought it was pretty crappy of her to run the ads she did against Tom Schweich......especially the one comparing him to Barney Fife.  Not saying she killed him, but that guy was a straight shooter according to everyone and plenty knew he had depression/insecurity.

She had been running those ads about him and then the pro ones about herself for weeks prior.  He shoots himself, and she freakin' disappeared for months leaving all the blame on John Hancock (who was completely exonerated after the one doner wanted to change the date by 4 weeks on his affidavit regarding the alleged conversation about his religion.)

I'm for any of the three other guys right now......Kinder busts his ass for this state, constantly calling out our loser governor any chance he gets.  Greitens has a hot wife, and I just saw a commercial of him shooting tannerite with a M4.  Don't know much about Brunner, but I like what he has to say in his commercials and on the radio.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
58ish Minutes into the first video, Kinder attacks Greitens, they go back and fourth, then Greitens says, "No, I haven't been here. I was over seas fighting for our Constitution!"
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Brunner has my vote.

Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not sure after watching those video's....I want her...."neutral tax revenue" .....she is going to raise something.

Side note....I remember writing about how messed up the roads where....back when the democraps where using the gas tax for general funds, instead of for the roads.  IMOP, we are paying the MODOT Administrators way to much...I think highest was 150k something.  

We should also move all gov employee's to a 4% 401k match and stop funding their retirement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New state employees, as of 2010 or 2012 or so are already doing the 4% pay in and 4% match you describe. Employees hired before then are grandfathered into the old system.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't made my mind up yet as to who I will vote for.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a little research puts Greitens off my list completely.  The most recent tidbit I found about him is he endorsed Mayor Slay in St.Louis in 2013.  I'm leaning towards Kinder, but I also like Brunner.

EDIT:  I'd also like to know how he's fighting for our Constitution.  For the freedom of Afghanis/Iraqis, yes, our Constitution, that's a stretch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that I think about it, I guess I'm for whichever one can beat Koster.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just a little research puts Greitens off my list completely.  The most recent tidbit I found about him is he endorsed Mayor Slay in St.Louis in 2013.  I'm leaning towards Kinder, but I also like Brunner.

EDIT:  I'd also like to know how he's fighting for our Constitution.  For the freedom of Afghanis/Iraqis, yes, our Constitution, that's a stretch.
View Quote

Dam....sad state of affairs....if he did that.  

Agree with you on Kinder and Brunner.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
There were two ex-seals on the various radio shows today saying the guy is totally full of $hit.  They said he was a seal for 2.5 years, and when he was given the opportunity to join one of the teams, he declined and became an author.  They said he did make it through the training, and was part of some sort of seal support group for the newbies, but he's not a bad ass like he makes it out to be.

The ex-seal making these claims was Brunner's former chief of staff though......and there were some other person Brunner person in the mix.

Just food for thought.  More will come out about this guy's past and who is actually funding him.

http://www.971talk.com/blogs/marc-cox/news-desk/navy-seals-talk-about-eric-greitens-marc-cox-showhe-bailed-out-write-books
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There were two ex-seals on the various radio shows today saying the guy is totally full of $hit.  They said he was a seal for 2.5 years, and when he was given the opportunity to join one of the teams, he declined and became an author.  They said he did make it through the training, and was part of some sort of seal support group for the newbies, but he's not a bad ass like he makes it out to be.

The ex-seal making these claims was Brunner's former chief of staff though......and there were some other person Brunner person in the mix.

Just food for thought.  More will come out about this guy's past and who is actually funding him.

http://www.971talk.com/blogs/marc-cox/news-desk/navy-seals-talk-about-eric-greitens-marc-cox-showhe-bailed-out-write-books
View Quote

I heard this on the show today as well......guy is out for me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah maybe it's a smear campaign, but.too many red flags with this guy.

Kinder is my guy.  He's been Lt. Gov, he can step right in.  Last time we tried the business man republican, Dave Spence, he lost--don't want to try that again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#16]
After listening to 1/2 the debate Bruner for me. Appears to be the only one not bought and paid for already. I apparently like rich guys who don't owe anyone shit. Who knew? Although I wouldn't lose sleep over a vote for Kinder. Gotta appreciate his disgust with Nixon.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't really trust somebody who's platform appears to be being a self-proclaimed badass.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a Bruner fan
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I put Kinder, but Brunner is my other choice.  Its a coin toss between them for me.  

As for EG...Thank you for your service.   Seems to me, the most badass guys I know don't have to go around announcing it.  Not going to get my vote.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Regarding Greitens ...

Attended the local "fun show" in St Charles over the weekend. The Greitens campaigned must have "HALO'd" in with a platoon of volunteers and propaganda to give out. They were everywhere. Lot of campaign signs that focused on two themes: 1. Conservative and of course 2. Navy SEAL.

I cut and pasted the following from an email a friend sent to me that was directly from Debbie Lee (mother of Marc Lee, the first SEAL KIA in Iraq). Here it is ...

Hey I checked into the SEAL you said was running for Gov......Eic Greitens. NO, NO, NO!!!! He has a really bad reputation in the SEAL community and is a liar and manipulator, didn't complete his initial 4 years, and was never in a SEAL platoon in combat.

There is a video SEALs made about him that served with him.

Eric Greitens: The Heart and The Myth
http://themissouritimes.com/27600/nav... Follow the link above to read the exclusive Missouri Times interview by the SEALs who created this video. To all Tea...
YOUTUBE.COM

IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT GO TO THE FB PAGE OF DRAGO DZEIRAN AND HE HAS IT POSTED. HE IS A SEAL AND FRIEND.
www.americasmightywarriors.org  

America’s Mighty Warriors mission is to honor the sacrifices of our troops, the fallen and their families by providing programs that improve quality of life, resiliency and recovery.

END OF MSG

Maybe someone can hot link these?

http://themissouritimes.com/27600/navy-seals-claim-credit-for-video-critical-of-greitens/

Here's the vid:

https://youtu.be/n80ED088t5A

The title is " Eric Greitens The Heart and the Myth"

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Maybe someone can hot link these?

http://themissouritimes.com/27600/navy-seals-claim-credit-for-video-critical-of-greitens/

Here's the vid:

The title is " Eric Greitens The Heart and the Myth"

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Leaning toward Kinder.

Did Rush really endorse him?  I hear the radio ad claiming to be rush but I cannot be 100% certain its him.  

Grietens rubs me the wrong way (on what very, very little I know of him)
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I am leaning towards Kinder.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am leaning towards Kinder.
View Quote

Yeah, me too.  I just like how he's been on Nixon's ass about everything since day one.  I love how last week he called that a-hole out as he was leaving for another European trade tour (aka vacation.)  He asked that Nixon turn over his power as governor to the Lt. governor while he was half way around the world.  Instead, Nixon cancels his trip and flys back home.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  He totally had him bent over on that one.

Plus, I forget what the number was, but Kinder was on the road last year or the year before 300+ days & nights.  The democrats were bitching because he was racking up travel expenses, and he told them to F'off, he was out WORKING (unlike the governor who takes day trips in the brand new King Air.)  Never heard them say another word.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#26]
No to Greitens!  Too much smoke not to be a problem somewhere.  Changed parties for instance, why?  

The other 3 all have merit but I'm tired of career politicians.  There should be no career politicians,

Therefore,

J. Brunner is my choice.    

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
J. Brunner is my choice.    
View Quote

I like Brunner too, but last go around businessman Dave Spence got his ass kicked by Nixon.  I would hate to see that happen again against Koster.  :\
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#28]
after watching the debates tonight with the two in the middle doing the your momma's so fat she strikes oil when she wear high heels routine and the Im a mother card being throwed I think kinder appeals to me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#29]
It's now between Brunner and Kinder for me.

Although I may have to give a slight edge to Brunner ... received an email from the Gun Owners of America announcing their endorsement of Brunner.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#30]
For what it is worth, GOA endorsed Brunner
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump.

Since we're getting close to the election.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm going Grietens, the guy's legit, Met him personally.  Brunner and the democrats are running a massive smear campaign against him.  Why do the dem's (obama level) want you to vote Brunner and not Grietens?  Hmm maybe a Dave Spence redo and because Grietens can pull conservative Dems from them?

Some SEALs don't like Grietens because he turned some of them in for drug trafficking and cocaine use.  Others don't know the story and just repeat the "oh he bad" line. Just like the whole Jessie Ventura vs. Chris Kyle thing.
Anyone who shoots an AR on national TV and issues ISIS hunting permits is "the guy" in my book. lol

For me as I don't get into politics ever, what caught my attention about Grietens is he is the ONLY ONE addressing the leftist infiltration of MO (Ferguson, Mizzou, BLM HQ in South STL.) and the impacts of over unionization and obamacare on MO industry and jobs.  Nobody else is talking about how they will handle these but he is.  

I want someone different and who's actually done shit in the real world.  For me that's Grietens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm going Grietens, the guy's legit, Met him personally.  Brunner and the democrats are running a massive smear campaign against him.  Why do the dem's (obama level) want you to vote Brunner and not Grietens?  Hmm maybe a Dave Spence redo and because Grietens can pull conservative Dems from them?

Some SEALs don't like Grietens because he turned some of them in for drug trafficking and cocaine use.  Others don't know the story and just repeat the "oh he bad" line. Just like the whole Jessie Ventura vs. Chris Kyle thing.
Anyone who shoots an AR on national TV and issues ISIS hunting permits is "the guy" in my book. lol

For me as I don't get into politics ever, what caught my attention about Grietens is he is the ONLY ONE addressing the leftist infiltration of MO (Ferguson, Mizzou, BLM HQ in South STL.) and the impacts of over unionization and obamacare on MO industry and jobs.  Nobody else is talking about how they will handle these but he is.  

I want someone different and who's actually done shit in the real world.  For me that's Grietens.
View Quote

The dems were the ones out "welcoming" him back when he held a rally outside they're HQ yesterday.  Seems like they want him to win, since he was an Obama loving liberal just a year ago.

The reasons other SEALS don't like him is because when he was given a chance to join one of the teams, he decided to quit, go work for Obama in the White House, and write books about being a SEAL (even though he quit before he was on a team.)

You don't get out much, because for the last 4 yrs Kinder has been on Nixon's ass about all the leftist stuff.  He's on the radio and TV talking about Ferguson, Mizzou, etc.......not just in the last two months when the primaries rolled around.

How did Greitens go from being a democrat praising Obama in letters, to becoming an Obama hating conservative in just a few months??  Answer, when that accused child molester from California gave him a couple million bucks to be a talking head for SOMETHING--we just don't know what.

BTW, just because he shot an AR on a commercial, doesn't mean anything.  McCaskill had commercials on her walking around with a shotgun, look how here votes have gone.

As far as him being someone who has "actually done shit in the real world", can you please expound on that?  What exactly has he done besides write books, worked in the White House for Obama, and run a foundation from which he pays himself a big salary?  Other than that, Obama's resume as a "community organizer" is a lot more detailed and extensive than Greitens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Dr. Ben Carson just endorsed Grietens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Bruner is running on mostly his own money.

It does not bother me much that Eric didn't return the million dollar donation he received from a Cali business many who apparently was in a legal suit over money by some lady. What bothers me is what did this guy buy for his money?

The St. Louis Post reports that Eric received 1.9 million, the new record for Missouri, last week from some organization that no ones knows is behind it. A super pac, Seals for Truth. What's up with that? Wonder what 1.9 million buys?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think you read the previous page and a half in this thread nor the information me or others have posted about Greitens. You're free to vote for whoever you want but many of the statements/assumptions you spelled out are just plain incorrect. When you say he is "legit" what does that even mean? It's a matter of public military record he didn't serve in a SEAL platoon. He has substantially inflated his military record for political reasons. The video that was hot linked on the previous page spells out in detail the billets he held and did not hold. These billets are easy to confirm through a FOIA. This video was NOT produced by the Brunner campaign as Greitens and his campaign have claimed. It was produced by fellow SEALS who see Greitens for what he is .... an opportunist cashing in on the fact he passed BUD/S and served in a limited capacity as a SEAL (mostly with joint billets and as stated before never in a SEAL platoon) as is now running for Governor constantly reminding people he is something special and we should vote for him because he was a SEAL. A rather junior SEAL with very limited operational experience before electively leaving for a White House Fellow tour before his obligation was up.

He is not "legit". The mother of Mark Lee (Debbie Lee) is adamant about Greitens bad reputation (see the copy of the email I posted earlier in the thread) in the Naval Special Warfare community and it isn't because he dropped a dime on some Sailors for alleged drug use as he has repeatedly used as the reason. I have another SEAL source unrelated to Debbie Lee, a field grade SEAL officer one of my closest USMC buddies worked with while at JSOC under McCrystal. He said the same thing Ms. Lee said. This guy is VERY well know within the Naval Special Warfare community. I asked Greitens if he knew him or had worked for him. He didn't even know who he was! I guess that's not surprising since Greitens was around for a drink of coffee before volunteering for a White House fellow job.

You said you've met him. I've met him as well. Maybe you should have asked him about attending the Democratic National Convenion in the past. Or about his views on the U.N. and NATO that are strange to say the least.

Now we're hearing about his major campaign donor from out of state who has a checkered past with abuse/kidnapping allegations.

You mentioned the leftist infiltration in Ferguson ... To be fair Kinder was hitting Nixon pretty hard on the whole Ferguson situation.

You mention wanting someone different who has actually done shit in the real world. You have Brunner.

Greitens is shady. I'd vote for any of the three other candidates before I'd vote for him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top