Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 12:40:40 PM EDT
E.C.H.O.—“Entry, Cordon, and High-risk Operations”

2 Missouri Events. Event 1 is June 6 & 7. Event 2 is June 8 & 9

Blending military combat techniques with high-level law enforcement tactics, E.C.H.O. training immerses each student in realistic and life-like scenarios, similar to high-risk situations they may encounter on the job. 3M’s E.C.H.O. training focuses on the latest tactics and the proper use and employment of LE-specific gear and equipment. As our threats increase in their modern capabilities, so too must our TTPs.

Immediate response coordination and inter-agency operability is the basis for this 2-day tactical class emphasizing situational awareness, teamwork, firearms skills, communication, and movement. This is a small-unit tactics class with emphasis on executing teamwork in the most critical action we are called to do in Law Enforcement—the modern gunfight.

With decades of combat and law enforcement experience, our highly skilled team of experts deliver the highest level of high-volume, high-intensity Law Enforcement immersion training available.

This 2-day course also provides each attendee a $1500 kit to take home, which includes a 3M™ PELTOR™ COMTAC/SWAT-TAC headset, a PTT (push-to-talk) device, and 3M Tactical eyewear.

The 3M Law Enforcement E.C.H.O. course will cover:

Gear, Mindset, and Situational Awareness

We make a choice to work in an armed profession. That choice includes the fact we may have to use force to protect ourselves or others.

Having the proper equipment is only the beginning of the solution. All use of force training must incorporate the proper setup and use of that equipment to experience optimum performance.

As a good guy, we're always going to be behind the power curve. Immediate acceptance or even pre-acceptance of the situation, mental and physical preparation coupled with aggressive response will go a long way towards increasing our success and positive outcome of any situation. Understanding where we are physically, mentally, and emotionally at all times provides us an advantage over the threat as we respond appropriately with the training we've committed to memory.

Marksmanship

The use of our weapons requires us to have a high skill set in regards to marksmanship. Accuracy along with a careful balance of shot effectiveness is paramount. We must master the use of lethal-force while maintaining total situational awareness to ensure that no innocent bystanders are injured during the critical performance of our duties. The public (those we serve) demand it, and rightfully so.

Extreme Close Quarter Engagement

Officers must be trained and prepared to engage threats at "bad breath" distance because that is where the majority of contact with subjects begins. Traffic stops, calls for service, and suspicious situations usually require an officer to move into a position that is close to the subjects involved.

Carbine to Handgun Transition

The ability to recognize the need to transition from a long gun to a handgun, should the long gun become non-functional during a firefight, is a critical skill needed by Law Enforcement Officers.

Ammunition Management

Understanding the need to have immediate access to reloads and keeping the officer's weapons "topped off" with ammunition requires the officer to have a skill set with simple, but effective techniques.

Weapon Malfunctions

Weapons function 100% of the time, flawlessly. At least Hollywood has led people into that false sense of security. In the reality of the streets, many "things" can occur that will cause the officer's weapon to malfunction. Officer's need the ability to understand the nature of the malfunction and how to fix it in extreme stress environments. This understanding, learned and experienced on the range, will provide them clues on how to avoid the malfunction.

Communications

Communicating is at the forefront of survival and success in all situations. Proper and effective communication with subjects, attackers, and fellow officers WILL influence the outcome of ALL situations.

Use of Cover

The use of cover and concealment is paramount in today's world of evolving threats. The officer's ability to identify and quickly utilize appropriate cover and concealment can make a difference in the outcome of the gun fight.

Movement and Teamwork

Working together as a cohesive team with a common and communicated goal is the key to success. Unfortunately, the goal can change even while on movement to the objective. Applying advanced techniques and movement ability will enable the officer to work within the group and lead the micro team as a unified front.

Required Ammunition and Gear

Tactical uniform or other range appropriate clothing: long sleeves and boots suggested
Holster/slings for weapons
Tactical vest/load bearing kit (Mag pouches, chest rig, etc.)
Pistol/secondary firearm with holster and 3 magazines: 500 rounds
Carbine or SMG with sling, light, and 3 magazines: 500 rounds
Hydration bladder and carrier: Must be readily available, does not have to be attached to kit.

*Tactical vests can be provided if not available to the officer.

Gear Provided by 3M for Use at Training Event

3M Ballistic Helmet
3M Peltor Headset (Officer takes home)
3M Peltor PTT (Officer takes home)
3M Eyewear (Officer takes home)
3M Full Face Respirator
Communications Radio
Tactical Vests with Ballistic Plates and mag pouches

Cost Breakdown

Tuition: $1,500.00
(State)TOA Officer Discount: -$250.00
NTOA Officer Discount: -$250.00
3M Peltor Sponsorship -$250.00
Meals Provided By Motorola: -$250.00
TOTAL Tuition Due: $500.00

Tuition Paid by Officer: $500.00

*(State)TOA and NTOA discounts are for ALL officers, members and non-members!

*Make checks or money orders to ArmorCorps, Inc.

*Send checks or money orders to 4922 Port Royal Road, STE C8 Spring Hill TN 37174

Leave with $1,500 of Gear!

Including:

3M™ PELTOR™ COMTAC/SWAT-TAC headset
3M™ PELTOR™ PTT (push-to-talk) device
3M™ Tactical eyewear

Facebook Event Page

More Info and Registration
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
is this LEO only?

edit: clicked the "more info" link, and it set off my security plug ins.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is this LEO only?

View Quote

Yes LE only.... might could get them to allow a MIL guy.

Website is all good on both of my devices
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is this LEO only?

I'm retired mil, probably don't "qualify."
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok guys, just got official word on an incentive to get this filled up. For every agency you get to send someone (agency can not already be attending) to this course you will get $100 in cash or credit toward your course. So if you get 2 departments to come that's $200 cash or credit 3 depts would be $300 and so on... 5 guys from 1 dept will only get a $100 credit so get the word to as many guys at different departments as you can!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this for LE team guys, or can I send my street officers?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is this for LE team guys, or can I send my street officers?
View Quote

Street guys can come too! Sent you A PM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top