Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:33:41 PM EDT
Daughter and son-in-law are at Marine Corp base and live in housing. Arrived for stay and drivers lis for wife and I were accepted by both Marine Corp Police and DHS to our surprise! We have passport cards but wanted to see if Mo drivers lis was rejected first-didn't tell them we have them. DHS didn't like our vechile registration but explained that Mo doesn't give a special reg card like some states but not a big deal-had title with us but didn't offer. DHS made a big deal out of our lis plate and made us bring them a phone picture of it from parking lot showing it was valid but was doing this with everyone no matter what state. Have stayed many times with them in base housing and never a question on car-just gave lis no./exp date and title registration when bought it. Marine Corp Police are friendly and professional and DHS was not impolite but appeared new to have new rules?? Recommend you call ahead to make sure you have exactly what you need for entrance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to read this like 3 times to figure out what you are saying, and I'm still not quite sure. Military bases in Missouri run your license through MULES to check for want/warrants, so the fact that we won't comply with the new license standards doesn't really matter. I am also confused with the problem the MP's had with your registration. You keep your registration receipt in the car right? Also, don't keep your title in the car. If someone breaks into it they can forge your signature and title it in their name.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
DHS running gate guard at a military base? Must be something new.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DHS running gate guard at a military base? Must be something new.
View Quote

They have to justify their existence somehow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Toilet paper supply depot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Marine CORPS!!!!!!

WTFO?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Several years ago when visiting son-in-law at Ft Sill, some days it was all civilian personnel at the gate.  Don't know if they were DHS.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:25:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You keep your registration receipt in the car right?
View Quote

Why would you do this? I've never heard of this.

A police officer asking for "license and registration" is pure TV as far as I can tell. The fact that you have a license plate is proof of registration.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
if you can put your insurance card electronic on your phone, you should be able to do the same for your registration.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if you can put your insurance card electronic on your phone, you should be able to do the same for your registration.
View Quote

Why? It's bolted to the back of your car.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had to read this like 3 times to figure out what you are saying, and I'm still not quite sure.
View Quote

+1...no shit OP.  Whole lot of
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Because when someone steals your renewed tags and s coop pulls you over you have proof of current plates with the piece of paper. Saves a whole lot of Gassel having it with you.

I keep a copy of one for my vehicle and my trailers in the car along with insurance info. Same thing for my bike it's under the seat with the insurance card.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry I mentioned minor car issues easily explained to DHS. My main reason for post was that our Missouri drivers lis were not even commented on but were used as usual for our stay on base. No change from past years we have been staying on Marine Corp bases. Short term visitors passes by are issued by Marine Police and long term (plus 24 hours) by DHS. Please note both require sponsoring service member or spouse to be physically present with you to be issued passes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top