Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 7:24:08 PM EDT
Last time I visited the state I met up with a fellow Arfcommer in KC, now I will be on the other side of the state.  Anyone want to meet up or give me info on the pigs around Black?

I will be there March 06 through 12.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know when it takes effect but the MO. Conservation Commission is banning the hunting of hogs on MDC land. Still legal on private land for now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Know nothing about the pigs there but have ridden the trails. Take a compass and or GPS the trails are somewhat confusing following ridges that are not straight. Not too long ago a guy and his 3 kids and dog went hiking, got lost, and the dog was the lone survivor. One night out can kill you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a Missouri feral hog hunting group on Facebook if you have it. Somebody in there will probably take you if you ask.  This is the most efficient way to kill hogs. It's tough to get on them on your own.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a Missouri feral hog hunting group on Facebook if you have it. Somebody in there will probably take you if you ask.  This is the most efficient way to kill hogs. It's tough to get on them on your own.
View Quote

Thank you everyone, for your input.

We are hunting private land for a landowner who sold a horse to my sister a year ago and mention to my brother in law that they have a pig problem.  He set up the hunt and I am tagging along.

We are first going on a two day snow goose hunt in the boot heel and then going up to Black for the pigs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Know nothing about the pigs there but have ridden the trails. Take a compass and or GPS the trails are somewhat confusing following ridges that are not straight. Not too long ago a guy and his 3 kids and dog went hiking, got lost, and the dog was the lone survivor. One night out can kill you. Good luck.
View Quote

That is really good advice, I will make sure to pack along my midsize survival kit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
2 leg or 4 leg hogs?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Talk about the butt crack of no where....Black, MO.  

Good luck, I've been looking for hogs to hunt for a while.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Some of my buddies bought into a hog hunt down around there. I don't know the name of the outfitter but they only had about 100 acres that bordered NFS land. They spent the entire weekend there, hunted every night and never saw or heard a single hog. Basically, they got an expensive catered barbecue.

No point in the story really except to say I hope you have better luck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You were close, it was two kids.

http://www.startribune.com/ill-man-sons-die-in-freezing-rain-on-mo-trail/186799991/

I remember this day well as I don't live far from there.  The day itself was beautiful for January, near 60 as I recall.  There was no surprise to the weather change and the weathermen had correctly predicted that the temperature was going to drop quickly and it was going to rain.

I don't mean to offend the memory of these folks but their hike was basically suicide.  Not to say that they intended to die, but to say that every indication that day was to NOT go hiking.

Missouri can really surprise you weather wise, as others have said; be prepared.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Man Black, MO is in the middle of nowhere and I grew up in Cuba/Japan MO.  The whole Arcadia Valley area is picturesque though like most of the Ozarks.  If you have time visit Elephant Rocks up Hwy 21.  We like to stay at this place:  http://www.cabinsblackriver.com/  It is run by a younger couple, right outside of Black, and they have a hog trap up the hill from the cabins.  They have close to 100 acres of an old farm and I saw plenty of hog sign when we were there this Fall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top