Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2015 11:09:41 AM EDT

Whos all planning on going? I'd like to go and check it out, but I have several other obligations that weekend and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it...
But, I've never been to one of these, sounds really interesting/Fun!!!
Anyone know what the course of fire / Stages look like???
I posted that question to their FB page, but all I got was "since they are set up in the bays, they would be under 20 yards or something like that.."
Was looking more for a 1 targert here at X yards, Double tap, Two Targets here at X yards Double tap, 1 target here at X yards, Single tap..
I dunno, just more details...
Any videos of this type of Comp???
For Members here that did not get the e-mail...
Join
fellow club members in shooting your semi-auto rifle in a series of
self-defense scenarios in our pistol bays on Saturday October 31st!

You
do not have to be a member of IDPA to shoot this event. Our Safety
Officers will explain in great detail what you need to do to shoot the
stage safely.  Bring out that rifle and get some exciting practice while
enjoying some fellowship with your fellow club members!

Some specifics:

ARPC Defensive Carbine Match.

***Club Members Only****

Saturday Oct 31

Set up starts 0645.  

Registration and payment closes at 0745.

Match fee $8.   $4 if present at 645am to help set up.

MANDATORY Shooters meeting for ALL shooters at 8:15 am.

If you miss the meeting you will not be allowed to shoot - NO exceptions

Carbines:  Semi-automatic rifle; 9mm, .40, .45, 223, .308, 5.56, 7.62x39

7 bays, 7 stages, 20-22 rounds per stage,

Semi-automatic rifles only - no handguns - no shotguns

First magazine must be loaded to 10 rounds to compel a reload during course of fire.

All rifles must be transported to range in soft or hard case.  

Rifles moved from stage to stage only while cased or carried in a cart - muzzle up.

Rifles may be shared by competitors.

Iron sights, optics (red dot) may be used - laser may not be used.

IDPA match rules, administered by IDPA Certified Safety Officers

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
do you think they would let non-members come to watch?

i shot a steel match there last year and loved the grounds and the people. i just graduated in may and have been meaning to find time to join, but i know i need a sponsor or something. would also like to make some friends around the area that like to shoot(none of mine do :()

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

do you think they would let non-members come to watch?

i shot a steel match there last year and loved the grounds and the people. i just graduated in may and have been meaning to find time to join, but i know i need a sponsor or something. would also like to make some friends around the area that like to shoot(none of mine do :()

View Quote
Unless it has changed , the gates are normally open for shoots and non-members are welcomed to shoot for 3 events, then asked to Join if they like shooting at ARPC... However this being a ""Members Only" shoot its likely to be closed, so I am not sure...

For a positive/Official answer, you could email the two fellas in my OP and ask, tell them you are interested in the Club and matches and would love to see both, before joining...  

Worst that could happen was they say no...

If I knew i was going to go, I'd invite you as a guess...  But I have several things up in the air and I'm afraid I may no be able to make it or if I go it will be last Minute at best...

Any one else here a member and going??

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Smullen,

If those members emails are not public, then I would suggest you take it out of our post, along with the names.  I have no idea if this is on their FB page or not, as I don't do FB.  This is a members only event for everybody else, and you can only watch, if you go with a member.  Set up starts at 6:45am I believe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Smullen,

If those members emails are not public, then I would suggest you take it out of our post, along with the names.  I have no idea if this is on their FB page or not, as I don't do FB.  This is a members only event for everybody else, and you can only watch, if you go with a member.  Set up starts at 6:45am I believe.
View Quote
They are listed publicly on http://www.arpc-idpa.com/match-directors...

This is what I suggested I ""thought"" was the case with this shoot, thanks for confirming...

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That is also the first day of the Site-in-days, that place might be a bit crowded in the morning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top