Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 9:29:52 PM EDT
Looking at buying a parts car that's in somewhat decent shape but asking price is lower than one would think, would a lovely Leo run the vin for me to make sure it's not stolen? Not asking for personal info just stolen or not stolen. Thanks guys. Vin is 1G1BL52P1TR115898
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Impala SS?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Impala SS?
View Quote

Normal caprice. But it runs and drives and he said there's no title which threw some red flags. I can understand a lost title but it just felt sketchy for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That is very very sketchy. He can get a replacement title easy enough.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is very very sketchy. He can get a replacement title easy enough.
View Quote

Yeah. I mean I won't be registering the car, it's wrecked so I'm using the motor and trans for a different car and using the interior pieces for my 94, I just don't want to buy it and have the guilt and always wonder if it was someone's baby that never got back to them. Idk. I did the online vin check and it came back clean but I didn't know if a local cop would help me out and run it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Vehicles without titles are very common, and if it was easy to get I'm sure the seller would already have one.  When I've bought cars with no title I get a bill of sale with the sellers info on it. If they don't want to provide that its a good indication something fishy is going on.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a thing called the sunshine law that prevents leo's from just "running" a VIN. I know there are a lot that do it but it's a violation of department policy to just run something for curiosity's sake....................................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top