Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2015 1:49:31 PM EDT
Can anyone speak to the quality of the show - if it is woth going to etc??
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested as well.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of a "survival show" at KCI expo.

When is it? I live a few minutes down the road from there.... Maybe I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Bit of google found this: http://www.rkpreppershows.com/

Keynote speakers on Oct 2, show is Oct 3-4...

RK is one of the big gun show organizers, so I assume this is a "beef jerky and gas masks" show. And probably a few pallets of Mountain House.

"First annual" show for this at KCI, so who knows how good it'll be.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Did anyone go yesterday? I'm thinking about checking it out on this fine Sunday morning.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
What really bites with the RK shows is if you have a permanent paid for in advance table and they give you a different table when you show up. RK made it right but his help has something to be desired
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not based on what I read above
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
It was sad.  Took 30 minutes to walk around and cost $12.  The seminars with speakers were being held in the corner in a fenced off area.  They were equally as sad. 50 seats with maybe 10 people in them.  I think they cost $85.  It was literally like they took all the normal vendors that didn't sell firearms and had a show for them.  Flashlight guy, check. Cheap dufflebag guy, check. Guy selling random old stuff, check.  THere was one table of ammo that was pretty small. One guy selling plate carriers and plates. There was zero reloading supplies. A tiny bit of old surplus guns scattered on tables for "private" sale. One table of new firearms. A couple tables of water filters.  One knife maker from WI whose knifes might be custom but are made from crap steel.  I've got four different "custom" Damascus knives from different makers on my bench from gun shows.  Theirs is the only one that badly rusts sitting there.

We were there for an hour and went through twice just to get our moneys worth.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that gun show people need to bring back the guys from the 1980s that used to walk around like they were extras from the crappier Rambo movies.

That made those gun shows worth going to...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top