Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2015 11:42:41 PM EDT
I have met some of you here, and have talked to quite a few others.  I have enjoyed all of your company over the last several years, everything from discussions here, to meeting at different MOHTF events.  I don't normally post stuff like this, but I would like to request prayers for my brother Paul and his family.  He lost his business in the tornado last night.  The building will need to be leveled, and the cost of the lost equipment, parts and inventory will be in the millions.  

He spent the last fifteen years building this business from the ground up.  His motto is "Buy American or Die", meaning if we keep buying imported products, the American way of life will die.  He always went out of his way to source his materials and parts from American suppliers, even if the cost was substantially more.  

Here is a pic of the damage.  In this part of the shop were half a dozen manual lathes, several Bridgeport mills, TIG welders, old school metal working machines, and several new Mazak and Ameri Seiki CNC mills and lathes.

Here is a link to the Fox 2 article:

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/13/storm-damage-reported-in-lincoln-county/

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!!!

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
So sorry to hear.

Was anyone injured?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So sorry to hear.

Was anyone injured?
View Quote
No, Paul and his fiancee, Nicole were at the shop about twenty minutes before the storm working, and left to go to dinner.  He called me and asked me to go by the shop and check on it, because he heard something might have happened.  The tornado went about two blocks west of my house, and I had no idea.  

I was the first one on the scene and witnessed the destruction.  Calling my brother back and giving him the news was one of the worst things I have ever had to do.  He put everything he had into it.  He worked 80+ hours a week normally, and would do anything he could to take care of his family and friends.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Did he have insurance or anything and is it possible to salvage any of the equipment?

Sorry to hear. I hope he gets everything figured out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:22:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No, Paul and his fiancee, Nicole were at the shop about twenty minutes before the storm working, and left to go to dinner.
View Quote

Sounds like God was already watching over them.  Added them to my morning prayer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Sounds like God was already watching over them.  Added them to my morning prayer.
View Quote

+2!

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent.  I sent out a few when it happened, a friend of ours drove by right afterwards and called me about it.  I immediately thought of you and your brother.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Man that's a bummer. I'll say some prayers for you guys too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have met some of you here, and have talked to quite a few others.  I have enjoyed all of your company over the last several years, everything from discussions here, to meeting at different MOHTF events.  I don't normally post stuff like this, but I would like to request prayers for my brother Paul and his family.  He lost his business in the tornado last night.  The building will need to be leveled, and the cost of the lost equipment, parts and inventory will be in the millions.  

He spent the last fifteen years building this business from the ground up.  His motto is "Buy American or Die", meaning if we keep buying imported products, the American way of life will die.  He always went out of his way to source his materials and parts from American suppliers, even if the cost was substantially more.  

Here is a pic of the damage.  In this part of the shop were half a dozen manual lathes, several Bridgeport mills, TIG welders, old school metal working machines, and several new Mazak and Ameri Seiki CNC mills and lathes.

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/10906455_10204137183205953_1384358506533324730_n_zpsxmgxopns.jpg

Here is a link to the Fox 2 article:

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/13/storm-damage-reported-in-lincoln-county/

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!!!  
View Quote

Man, that is Shitty!!!  

I'm sorry for your Bros loss, but very happy that him or none of the rest of ya'll where in there when it hit...

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll pray for your brother and family.  He'll make it through this.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers from here too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm happy nobody was hurt, but very sorry for his loss, and will be praying for him and all of your family.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayers sent.  Hope everything works out for the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top