Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 5:07:49 PM EDT
I have to do a "Capstone" Internship, just an 8 week internship, to finish up my undergrad degree in Health Services Administration.  I have some strange fetish with Missouri, probably because i hate living in northern Virginia..... I probably liked it too much when i visited years ago.

My question is, can any of you help me find or secure an internship?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are interested in Healthcare in KC, Apria Healthcare is a good company to take a look at.  You can view jobs at apria.com.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
KU med center
Saint lukes
Truman med center
All these are teaching institutions..... Not sure what a capstone internship is, but these would be a start.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
i appreciate the responses, does anyone else have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
St. Louis

Express Scripts
OptumRx (United HealthCare)
Aetna
SSM HealthCare
Magellan Health Services
Emdeon
Essence / Lumeris

I mean "health care" is a huge field with about a million variations.  its sorta like saying you want an internship in "sports" but not specifiying which sport.  See what I mean?

Are you talking a hospital direct patient care setting?  health data claims management (medical claims, Rx or both)?  the insurance provider side? Pharmacy?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
St. Louis

Express Scripts
OptumRx (United HealthCare)
Aetna
SSM HealthCare
Magellan Health Services
Emdeon
Essence / Lumeris

I mean "health care" is a huge field with about a million variations.  its sorta like saying you want an internship in "sports" but not specifiying which sport.  See what I mean?

Are you talking a hospital direct patient care setting?  health data claims management (medical claims, Rx or both)?  the insurance provider side? Pharmacy?
View Quote

I catch your drift, i'm looking more at a direct patient care setting but am open to almost anything
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly your best bet would be data / claims management getting an internship from one of the health insurance companies (Medical or pharmacy) or one of the support companies that help process those claims.  

The money is well above average, you work normal hours, the talent pool is small because you have to know how this shit works inorder to get in the door.  That's why if you can use an internship to get in, get experience in multiple different functional areas while there, when you enter the real world, you'll have high value experience.  

Hospital setting, no where near as beneficial, but it's what everybody 'thinks" healthcare is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top