Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 3:43:45 PM EDT
So my dad and I are debating getting CCW's and I know more than a few of you are instructors. What all is required for the class ie gear, papers, price etc? His will be for Mo, and mine Maine if it matters. I just don't want to be that asshole that shows up unprepared.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It varies from instructor to instructor but in our class, someone can show up with nothing and we will provide everything required

Prices also vary but for a class that includes everything in the St. Louis area, $100 or so is normal.  I have seen some advertised for $70 but the fine print says they can supply guns and ammo for an additional fee.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My classes I supplied everything but lunch, sometimes even that . Best bet is to contact which ever instructor you choose ahead of time and ask.

What area are you in? If your in the Stl area I will personally vouch for RJTCCW, good guy, great class and you might be taller than him.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:17:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got my CCW several years ago from Greg at STLCCW... STLCCW.com

Really great guy, great class, great lunch, great experience all around. When I went, I brought a pistol, ammo, eyes and ears, along with obviously my wallet, ID, etc.

When I got mine, you had to shoot 20 rounds with a semi, and 20 with a revolver. I didn't have a revolver, so I used his. I'm pretty certain that has changed now.

RJTCCW is a great guy. Never attended his class, but went to a HTF shoot at his house, and even have a video of him ripping a mag through a full auto Glock.

If you have a gun, ammo, eyes and ears, bring them. If you don't, call the instructors before hand, and simply ask whether you need a gun, or if they can provide one for you. Each instructor will handle that differently.
View Quote
Ditto on everything except seeing RJTCCW letting loose with the F.A. Glock...

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I tell my students to bring eyes and ears (I have extra if they don't) , but I supply drinks, lunch, donuts for breakfast, guns, ammo and my manly good looks, all for the low, low price of 99.99!

But wait! There's Moore!

Act now and I will sign your certificate with my FULL name and not Mickey Mouse! Things go smoother at the sheriff's office that way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So my dad and I are debating getting CCW's and I know more than a few of you are instructors. What all is required for the class ie gear, papers, price etc? His will be for Mo, and mine Maine if it matters. I just don't want to be that asshole that shows up unprepared.
View Quote

I'm not sure I understand the Maine part.  According to the first page of the Maine info page on Handgunlaw.us, Maine does not have reciprocity with Missouri.  But I can't say that I've investigated Maine too much, just thought I'd make sure that you have.  But the way you worded your question, it sounds like you expect a Missouri instructor to provide you with Maine training.

It's been a long week, though.  I think I need a three course meal:  Scotch, Bourbon, Beer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand the Maine part.  According to the first page of the Maine info page on Handgunlaw.us, Maine does not have reciprocity with Missouri.  But I can't say that I've investigated Maine too much, just thought I'd make sure that you have.  But the way you worded your question, it sounds like you expect a Missouri instructor to provide you with Maine training.

It's been a long week, though.  I think I need a three course meal:  Scotch, Bourbon, Beer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Missouri recognizes ALL permits.  The OP is 18 if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the responses, no i do not expect the maine ccw from my intructor, i need the certificate from a class to get an out of state maine CCW. Since im 18 i dont qualify for a missouri one yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses, no i do not expect the maine ccw from my intructor, i need the certificate from a class to get an out of state maine CCW. Since im 18 i dont qualify for a missouri one yet.
View Quote

How far are you willing to travel for a class? Many good instructors that are local to you and many that will take a short drive to get to. Your choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top