BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Alright we are good,
Chris, the location is the same as last time, Recall the lake where we had lunch? that is the spot but the range is on the opposite side of the lake (can see it from where we had lunch)

Meeting place is Harrisonville Sutherlands same as before.
We won't have the room to do the walk back drill but the rest is good to go.

We will have to park everyone and then walk to the range, we can get pretty close with a single 4WD then haul gear in on 4 wheelers,

Route from Sutherlands will be 2 Hwy East to M Hwy north toward Gunn City, then east again on 251st street, close to the intersection of 251st and Double LL.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
So is 4wd still a necessity?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
No, 4wd is not required.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
7 am sutherlands......I will be there
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
please everyone, either post here to email Kerry if you will be there or not so we can get a final head count (and we aren't waiting for no shows)

ETA, I will be there
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a couple teeth pulled today.  I will not be there..
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a couple teeth pulled today.  I will not be there..
View Quote

ouch, that sucks.  thanks for letting us know though
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
A Blackhawk NOD or Mask bag was left behind, sort of a drop leg looking black thing, with Knee and Elbow pads in it was left behind at the venue.
Chris I think it is yours. But I could be mistaken.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Kerry and helpers............Had a great time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A Blackhawk NOD or Mask bag was left behind, sort of a drop leg looking black thing, with Knee and Elbow pads in it was left behind at the venue.
Chris I think it is yours. But I could be mistaken.
View Quote

Damn it is.  It is actually a Blackhawk dump bag.  Thx.

On another note, thx again everyone for today.  Good class and the weather actually was decent today for once.  Got good instruction and help with new gear which I needed
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
AAR on the class

Great class, for all of you that haven't taken a class before,  AFSOC and the crew were on point with their teachings.  He taught a great deal for beginners and for the experienced people we got a good workout as well.  The class covered from the beginnings the concept of pistol and carbine handling making sure that the students learned their firearm and controls.  We covered most basic things from shooting within 30 yards with a lot of pistol shooting and transitions to carbine. When we started with the carbines the crew made sure everyone could handle their weapon safely and I can't emphasize that enough, from start to finish all things were done safely.  We also worked on failure drills and how to fix them and get back in the fight, especially with the carbine when the crew gave us faulty mags and we had to work out the problems while we were given engagement instruction.  We also practiced shooting in different positions and a nice friendly timed competition using those different positions, "By the way WS6, I think your suppressor won that competition for you "
At the end we also ran drills as teammates which was a plus, most classes don't let you do this until you've completed "carbine1". On top of everything the pulled pork sandwiches for lunch was delicious, please thank your sister.
 The only thing I could have asked for would have been a longer range, and for it to be more convenient, but you can't control everything if it's not a venue that is not set up for instruction but we made due with what we had and it was plenty.  The bonus for the inconvenience was how beautiful it was there with nothing around us but a few cows 'not down range, nice backstop" and a very nice size pond, and talk of the old days in the service which I always enjoy hearing since I never joined.

Bottom line is if you haven't had formal training, you can't beat this class for the price he gave everyone, whenever AFSOC and the crew give an advanced carbine class I'll be in. I'm no operator by any means but I think I've taken enough instruction to know AFSOC knows his shit. If you want to take instruction from some of the bigger instructors around the country, let your locals teach you the basics so that you can get quality trigger time for the money you spend for those instructors.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
, "By the way WS6, I think your suppressor won that competition for you "
View Quote

it isn't my fault the timer didn't catch the start due to the can

I do agree with your AAR though.  good safe class that is more interested in teaching proper technique than high round count.  they have another range on that property that goes to 75ish yards.  they usually use that one but it is lower land on the other side of the pond and was flooded.  

class did confirm something I already knew though, I suck bad on handgun stuff
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top