Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 12:28:54 PM EDT
I seem to recall after Dermann was reinstated, wasn't there a thread started by TRG in the EE comments & questions section? It looks like it got deleted? what happened in the end?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Both threads that I found have been locked.  There is a thread in the "Comments and Questions" forum about halfway down talking about a 2 strikes rule or something and setting up a 48hr timeframe on transactions.  I've been a member on various boards for awhile now and AR15.com is among the only (or only one still around) board with an EE that doesn't have some sort of membership requirement for posting.  Most have a post count rule stating you must have X number of worthwhile posts (usually 50) before being allowed to take part in the buy/sell section.  Some have a time as member or even a paying membership policy.

So basically a bunch of ideas are being tossed around about this and that when all they really need to do is put in writing all their "unwritten" and arbitrary rules that they expect people to just know or be aware of.  As much as I dislike eBay, they have all their rules clearly outlined.  Everyone is held to judgement based upon the same written set of rules, not the whim or interpretation of the rules as enforced by any given moderator on any given day.  Friends and/or buddies don't get a pass if they "bend" the rules a little, crybabies don't get special treatment because they throw tantums when they feel slighted, long time users don't get screwed because some dipshit 13'r can't be bothered to check his spam folder when trying to nail down a deal.

No, I'm not in the least bit bitter
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both threads that I found have been locked.  There is a thread in the "Comments and Questions" forum about halfway down talking about a 2 strikes rule or something and setting up a 48hr timeframe on transactions.  I've been a member on various boards for awhile now and AR15.com is among the only (or only one still around) board with an EE that doesn't have some sort of membership requirement for posting.  Most have a post count rule stating you must have X number of worthwhile posts (usually 50) before being allowed to take part in the buy/sell section.  Some have a time as member or even a paying membership policy.

So basically a bunch of ideas are being tossed around about this and that when all they really need to do is put in writing all their "unwritten" and arbitrary rules that they expect people to just know or be aware of.  As much as I dislike eBay, they have all their rules clearly outlined.  Everyone is held to judgement based upon the same written set of rules, not the whim or interpretation of the rules as enforced by any given moderator on any given day.  Friends and/or buddies don't get a pass if they "bend" the rules a little, crybabies don't get special treatment because they throw tantums when they feel slighted, long time users don't get screwed because some dipshit 13'r can't be bothered to check his spam folder when trying to nail down a deal.

No, I'm not in the least bit bitter
View Quote

For the record you screwed up.... you should have emailed the guy telling him he had a specific deadline to respond or it went to the next person.........

That being said everything that happened after that was completely ridiculous...

At worst you should have gotten a warning (no ban from the ee or site) and informed to do the above deadline thing next time.  The ban, the whinning and cry babyness of the person trying to buy it was sooooo over the top ridiculous.  

They do need to codify the rules more.

Are you still banned for the EE or has that been rescinded?

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Still banned from the EE and I won't be renewing my membership when it expires.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Just for the record which member was it that caused all the stink?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just for the record which member was it that caused all the stink?
View Quote

Yellowmellow
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, some dickhead with 9 posts, and 1 feedback...
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow, some dickhead with 9 posts, and 1 feedback...
View Quote

He wont be getting any more feedback if I had to guess....
I know I wont be doing business with him under any circumstances, and I'm not alone in that mindset.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
You got off lite DerMann... The law says, "Bust a deal, Face the Wheel"!!!

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
sorry, i wasn't intending this to be a rehash of the DerMann pit thread - i honestly remember seeing a thread started by TRG in EE, but don't know what happened to it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sorry, i wasn't intending this to be a rehash of the DerMann pit thread - i honestly remember seeing a thread started by TRG in EE, but don't know what happened to it.
View Quote

It got nuked.  Who knows why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top