Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2015 10:10:45 PM EDT
My son's Henry .22 youth model has scratches in the powder coat from some jackwagon at the Ft. Wood PX, they cut us a deal since it was the last one, but I'd like to kinda refinish it before he gets it in 3-4 years.  Are there any places local-ish to Springfield to get the receiver, and probably for matching's sake, barrel duracoated?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
We do DuraBake / DuraCoat, but in central MO
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We do DuraBake / DuraCoat, but in central MO
View Quote

If I can't find any place local, y'all might be a bet.  I'm rarely out that way, though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I Cerekote stuff just a little south in Highlandville.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a guy called Charlie Foxtrot on FB that does duracoating.  His ads state he's in Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen a place called Tactical Armz on Facebook. I think they do ceracoating.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's a guy called Charlie Foxtrot on FB that does duracoating.  His ads state he's in Springfield.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I have seen a place called Tactical Armz on Facebook. I think they do ceracoating.

Screen shot of info? I no facebook.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I Cerekote stuff just a little south in Highlandville.

http://www.springfieldcerakote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/FDE-POG.jpg
View Quote

Looks nice, not sure what kind of prep a Henry youth would need.

Powder coat off?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Cerakote requires a lot more prep and time over duracoat. First you have to blast it down to bare metal, degrease it, bake it, make sure you have it bone clean or back to clean& bake, spray the ceramic epoxy paint, bake it again. They have a no bake version but it is not as hard. Usually we only use it for temp sensitive items like scopes and some polymers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

www.tacticalarmz.com
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Garrett who used to work for MAC pro shop before they went belly up epiclly does great work. A little slow but the quality was there. I've seen this Charlie Foxtrot posting on the FB in the Springfield area. I would recommend him just on the fact that he's the only one i know that does it in the area.

The Loganbills (aka Toothandnail) do great work but the only color ive seen them do resembles a Kawasaki.

In all seriousness I have a can of spray paint and im feeling sporting. Not the best option but by far the free'est as ill provide the spray paint.

Thats my two cents.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure how far you want to drive but 4-states shooter supply in Joplin does that kind of stuff. If you look them up on facebook it shows some of it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Joplin isn't super far, turn around time dependent.  I'm going to avoid anything that requires going down to bare metal.

I may remember to take pics when I get back in town and show the affected areas, maybe someone here can give me a better idea outside of total refinish or using a sharpie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top