Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2015 6:33:50 PM EDT
Need a good flashlight and was wondering what you guys use, not really a forum here for em. Needs to be bright, shine over a fair distance, and have a decent battery life. Some Leo's ran through my backyard last year chasing a guy who ripped off a check cashing place, anyway it was at night and their lights lit up up my whole room and hallway through my dark colored curtains...i want that. lol but i don't know what their goto light is and was curious what everyone else uses.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
get ahold of pursuitss
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally carry a Streamlight ProTac 2L with my extra mag in my Fobus.  I think it works really well and it's light enough that it doesn't feel like it's weighing me down too much.  If I were going to get a big one for next to my door, I probably would go for the HL3.  But I still like the smaller 2L in case I was going to be using my other holster for an emergency life saving situation.

I also found that I use the flashlight a whole lot when I'm carrying it.  There's always something I want to light up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in LE and normally carry a Surefire Lawman.  It's bright, rechargeable and damn expensive.  

I've had good luck with Surefire and Streamlight, which seem to be what most of the officers I know carry and use regularly.  Fenix is another brand I am seeing more and more.  It seems to be a good product as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
How large of a light do you want? Does it need to fit in your pocket? Budget?

My daily carry is a Fenix PD 32 UE, but there are newer, brighter models out there, like the PD 35. Most of these use rechargeable 18650 LI batteries.

Check out Fenix, Jetbeam, Eagletac, Olight, and several other manufactures. Check out goingear.com. He sells a lot of these lights and makes youtube reviews on many of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for the Fenix PD32. Great light for the price.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Hand held or weapon light?  Amazon has a 1000 lume Duracell on sale now for a decent handheld.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I didn't specify, handheld. I have a light in mind for the gun, Lookin for something to keep on the nightstand and such. Size isn't an issue as long as it's bright. I'll look into the ones mentioned. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy with my LAPG brand operator 2 tac light.  720 lumens I think.  Good little light.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
For seeing what goes bump on the night I use a fenix tk41. 900 lumens and is like a light saber for 150 yards. Close stuff I just use a 2D LED maglite
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have several Fenix and JetBeam lights.  Get something that runs on the 18650 and get a charger.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Happy with my LAPG brand operator 2 tac light.  720 lumens I think.  Good little light.
View Quote
I bought the LAPG brand a few months ago.   Was so impressed, I added one to my duty belt, ones on a rifle and my wife has one in her car.  If you don't like cr123's it's not for you but I'm happy with them.  Got to use the strobe function while working protests this past year and it was better, brighter and cheaper than my last big brand name light. I'm hard on them but the LAPG light has held out so far.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]
the only flash light i now use are the ones that take Lithium Ion rechargable batteries

I have bunch, from RED LED for night to super bright (3000 lumen) to 1000 lumen

the 18650 and 26650 are great, I only buy the high end batterys they are $10 each but i have never had one fail.

the high end fenix is on my list but for now i have got fandyfire, surefire, and others.

i also stick to CREE xl, or the new XL2 LEDs

the 1000 lumen little light i have will out shine most lights on the market of the same size other than some HID and of corse some running the same LED. my big light takes 3 26650 bats and has 5 Cree LEDS, it lights up my entire witch is nearly 2 acres.

my fandyfire slt-v6 can make a tower 1000 yards away just visible to the eye.

they all have 3 power levels and on the low level they will run 12+ hours, my big light like 100 hours on low lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Currently carry a Fenix PD35 UE and an EagleTac MX25L4C.  The EagleTac uses 4x 18650 (or 8x CR123), has 4x Cree XM-L2U2, and is rated at 4800 lumen.

In addition to Fenix and EagleTac, I also like Jetbeam, Nitecore, Olight, Streamlight, and Surefire.

I tend to stick with lights that use 18650 (=2xCR123A) rechargeable lithium ion batteries.  When buying rechargeable lithium ion batteries, make sure you get quality protected cell batteries ... Olight, EagleTac, Nitecore, Fenix.  Also, stick with quality chargers (ex. Nitecore I2, I4, D2, D4).

candlepowerforums.com is a good forum for flashlights.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the surefire g2led and the 6p (think that's it) for my house lights.
I carry a pelican 1920 and it works great. Bright, has taken a beating, runs on triple a and cheap enough to not puke if I lose it.
Ran it and the G2 in a low light class this weekend andthey both did well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Nevermind, I though it was fleshlight....
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For seeing what goes bump on the night I use a fenix tk41. 900 lumens and is like a light saber for 150 yards. Close stuff I just use a 2D LED maglite
View Quote

BIG +1 on the Fenix TK41, but if you literally want to turn night into day THIS is the INSANE light you want. 4,400 Lumens!!! go with Option "C" and use Panasonic 3,400 mah batteries.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nevermind, I though it was fleshlight....
View Quote

*Sigh* I knew there would be that one guy....thanks Gary. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry I didn't specify, handheld. I have a light in mind for the gun, Lookin for something to keep on the nightstand and such. Size isn't an issue as long as it's bright. I'll look into the ones mentioned. Thanks guys.
View Quote

P3X Fury by surefire.  1000 lumens bright light and 15 lumens for map reading or when you just need a little light.  I have one and it is badass.

Fury
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Streamlight PolyTac HP, great light, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, which I like because I'm prone to breaking and losing things.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Another Fenix fan here. A PD32 for carry and 2 TK15 for the weaps. Love the fact they can run 123s or 16850s, 18650's whatever it takes (Mr Mom ref).

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#21]
If you don't mind the wait, check out www.lightmalls.com and look at the unique fire lights.

I have two that I use for varmint hunting without problems.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Surprised not to see Foursevens mentioned already. They have a 10 year warranty, which is better than you'll find on most of the other imported lights. Their Maelstrom line is pretty impressive right now: http://www.foursevens.com/products/flashlights/Maelstrom
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I carry a stream light micro stream, it gets used every single day. It won't light up the night like what you're looking for but I recommend everyone carry one. All of my guys at work now have them.....we go through a lot of AAA batts

For a brighter light I use surefire G2s with led bulbs. Plenty of light for me and great battery life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top