Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 2:50:45 PM EDT
I was wondering about the general cost , availability of CCW classes  - I am looking to relocate there from OK

thanks,
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Most places charge $75-125 per person. Some include ammo and firearm (usually closer to the $125 mark).
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This group can probably recommend about 50 instructors to do the course depending on where you are going to live.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I am looking at Gladstone area or Liberty.....???
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I took mine at Frontier Justice in Lee's Summit. They offer an all day Saturday course and If memory serves me correctly it was $125 and they provided lunch.
Link to their classes.

I enjoyed the course, it was obviously an introductory course. Staff was friendly, but their knowledge is highly dependent on who you are asking questions of.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing to be cautious of, and guys correct me if I am wrong, but the sheriff's office has to have the instructor on their list for the county you live in.  So, if you move to Liberty, which is Clay county, you would need to make sure that the instructor is on the sheriff's approved list.  It was that way when I took mine in 2012.

There are many places that offer it.  In Clay county there is Great Guns and Claycomo Shooters/Range.

Liberty is a nice place.  I live east of there a few miles in Richmond.  Welcome to the neighborhood.  If you have questions, just IM me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the information - OK has no restrictions other than an NRA approved instructor
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One thing to be cautious of, and guys correct me if I am wrong, but the sheriff's office has to have the instructor on their list for the county you live in.  So, if you move to Liberty, which is Clay county, you would need to make sure that the instructor is on the sheriff's approved list.  It was that way when I took mine in 2012.

There are many places that offer it.  In Clay county there is Great Guns and Claycomo Shooters/Range.

Liberty is a nice place.  I live east of there a few miles in Richmond.  Welcome to the neighborhood.  If you have questions, just IM me.
View Quote

I think most instructors have done the statewide registration, so they should be accepted almost anywhere. Also, once you HAVE the card, changing addresses is just that... a change. No new class.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
wow  I had no idea ...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in Kearney which is just 10 minutes North of Liberty, look us up at PattersonSafety.com
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
cool thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top