Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2015 1:55:53 PM EDT
Been counting down the days since my last outing to Tanycomo in November... Hope the weather cooperates

I'll be down at my camper at Bennett Springs for opening weekend if any of you arfcommers are around stop in at Weaver's and say hello.

Final stringer of last season.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Love it.

Montauk was a second home growing up.

Now that I'm in the KC area I usually hit up Bennett.

My daughter's ready to catch her first fist this year.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Never been out opening day, and probably won't start this year, but I know I'll be out within the first few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Montauk  for 2nd weekend this year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm ten min from you. Stop into Pig Pen BBQ and say howdy. Closed on Sundays
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm ten min from you. Stop into Pig Pen BBQ and say howdy. Closed on Sundays
View Quote

Man I have been wanting to stop in there so many times... You going to be there Saturday?  If so I'll drop in for lunch on my way down in the afternoon.

Glad to see some others here who enjoy trout fishing.  I just started trout fishing 2 years ago when my fishing buddy turned me onto it and I have had an insatiable appetite for being in the rivers ever since.  So peaceful and great stress relief for me.  Cheaper than shooting nowadays, and my daughters prefer it as well with my oldest filling her first stringer last year at Meramec.

As for Montauk I will try to be down there the second week as well.  Like to mix it up this first month.  

This was my last fall stringer from Montauk.  For whatever reason I seem to catch fewer fish there, but I end up catching some nicer ones.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yessir. We are in glass front building behind Walgreens
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds good.  I will hopefully be down around 1 or 2.  Weather looks interesting... it's changed every day from snow to ice to sunny for the forecast.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm stoked for it. I can't wait to hit Crane Creek with my superfine 3wt for some McClouds this year. Been on my bucket list for a while now. I'm in Branson, if anybody is in the area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Will be at Montauk 3/13-15 hoping to catch a fish or two in between wrangling some Boy Scouts.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Well opening day has come and gone.  Was a great trip.  Cold kept the amount of fishermen fairly low.  Awesome weekend all around.  Had an amazing lunch with Wheelchairman at Pig Pen BBQ.  It was nice meeting you and I can't wait to get back down there and work on the rest of that menu.  Thanks for breaking bread with me and welcoming me to lunch with your family.  Was a highlight of my weekend.  

Fishing was superb, weather was cold and crappy, but it beats working anytime.  Already wanting to get back in the water again...

For a summary I posted a looong write up here of my adventure.
http://forums.ozarkanglers.com/topic/47587-my-2nd-opening-day/#entry378324

JestersHK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top