Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2015 10:23:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya saw it a few weeks ago and I thought I said something about it. 500 round boxes for 55 bucks. I suppose I am still having sticker shock and cant see myself parting with that kind of cash for that round count.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya saw it a few weeks ago and I thought I said something about it. 500 round boxes for 55 bucks. I suppose I am still having sticker shock and cant see myself parting with that kind of cash for that round count.
View Quote

dam...I just paid $16 per 325 from midway the other day.  Let him enjoy looking at it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suspect we may be getting the initial look at the new normal. It's still a half to a third the price of factory 5.56 or 9mm. Of course, I can reuse my 5.56 brass.

I don't even bother going to Walmart with the neckbeards anymore. My time (and sleep) is worth too much.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Son stumbled on some at Walmart the other day, two 500 rd. boxes in a pack for 51.00. Not great but better. Women in gun dept. said they were putting them out a few at a time and not advertising  them so the early birds would'nt buy them up. I think they were Rem.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Today was the first time I've bought .22 since 2012.   The Kirkwood Walmart had two 500 rd bricks for $19.97 each.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we're getting close to the end.  I went to the last Columbia gun show a few weeks ago and the tables were FULL of $50 bricks of 22 and NONE of it was selling.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think we're getting close to the end.  I went to the last Columbia gun show a few weeks ago and the tables were FULL of $50 bricks of 22 and NONE of it was selling.
View Quote

I think and hope you're right, I've heard of sitings and seen some myself. As long as it's a available, and most are not buying (at least ammo that was bought from stores and are being marked up yet again), things might just cool off.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I predict a FLOOD of 22 LR on the market within a few months.  I think supply is finally catching up with demand and the neckbeards will find they can no longer flip it for a profit in the Wal-Mart parking lot leading to it magically showing back up on the shelves.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a couple of boxes of this ammo and it is surprisingly accurate, even out out of my Chiappa M4. I was getting quarter size groups of 5 at 25 yds with my Chiappa and a Primary Arms red dot today. I didn't get any failures like FTF or FTE either. I will try it in my Savage BVTLSS when my scope comes in next week and in my Romanian M69 trainer to see how it shoots out of them. I know it's pricey but if it shoots good it might be worth it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Black Market Arms in Auxvasse had a bunch of 500 rd bricks when I went there the yesterday. No clue on the price, but it was Aguila if anyone wants to know what brand.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't call 4 moa surprisingly accurate.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I wouldn't call 4 moa surprisingly accurate.
View Quote
Out of a Chiappa M4 upper and New Frontier lower?

It shot better than the Federal AutoMatch did out of the rifle.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#15]
22s are more for blastin' anyway!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I wasn't expecting minute of gnat hair accuracy out of a Chiappa upper and NFA lower using a red dot. I was mostly wanting to check how the rifle would work since it's finicky on what ammo it likes (like any rimfire AR). The rifle likes and shoots CCI AR Tactical the best.

The real test of the CI ammo will be when I get a chance to shoot it in my Marlin 70, Romanian 69, and my Savage BVTLSS. I will compare it to the CCI AR, Federal Champion and Federal AutoMatch. It shot the same as the AutoMatch out of my GSG conversion kit on my RIA 1911.

I will have the new scope for the Savage this weekend and will get out next week for some range time and report back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I picked up a couple of boxes of this ammo and it is surprisingly accurate, even out out of my Chiappa M4. I was getting quarter size groups of 5 at 25 yds with my Chiappa and a Primary Arms red dot today. I didn't get any failures like FTF or FTE either. I will try it in my Savage BVTLSS when my scope comes in next week and in my Romanian M69 trainer to see how it shoots out of them. I know it's pricey but if it shoots good it might be worth it.
View Quote

The Aguila, PMC, Centurion brand ammo is crazy accurate out of a good gun.  

I have a Model 60 Marlin that will shoot one hole with it at 25 yards.  Was shooting ladybugs crawling around on my target at the range one warm spring day!

Out of a bull barrel 10/22 or Anschutz bolt rifle its match grade accuracy at a bargain price.  Before the panic it was always under $3.00 a box.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Range report.

I went to the range with my new Savage today. I took 3 types of Federal ammo (Champion 36Gr HV, Champion 40Gr HV and AutoMatch) along with the CI ammo and CCI AR Tactical. I was shooting at 50 yards (range is actually 53) I was getting occasional flyers with all ammo. Today was the first time I shot the new rifle and it was windy which could account some for the flyers.

The most accurate (with less flyers) was the CCI AR Tactical groups measured 1/2 center to center. The CI ammo came in second with groups at 9/16 and all the Federal shot the same with groups at 5/8. I got more flyers out of the Federal AutoMatch than I did with any of the rest.

Is the CI ammo worth what they are asking for it, time will tell. I still need to try it in my Marlin M70 and Romanian 69.

Conclusion is that it shot better than the Federal out of my Savage and Chiappa.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is "CI ammo"?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Range report.

I went to the range with my new Savage today. I took 3 types of Federal ammo (Champion 36Gr HV, Champion 40Gr HV and AutoMatch) along with the CI ammo and CCI AR Tactical. I was shooting at 50 yards (range is actually 53) I was getting occasional flyers with all ammo. Today was the first time I shot the new rifle and it was windy which could account some for the flyers.

The most accurate (with less flyers) was the CCI AR Tactical groups measured 1/2 center to center. The CI ammo came in second with groups at 9/16 and all the Federal shot the same with groups at 5/8. I got more flyers out of the Federal AutoMatch than I did with any of the rest.

Is the CI ammo worth what they are asking for it, time will tell. I still need to try it in my Marlin M70 and Romanian 69.

Conclusion is that it shot better than the Federal out of my Savage and Chiappa.
What is "CI ammo"?

He explained it in the post above.  Comes out of Mexico.  Some think it's related to CCI, but on another forum, someone emailed CCI and CCI responded that they aren't affiliated with CI and it looks like it's affiliated with Aguila
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Says CCI on the side of the box, but I have no clue if it's the same CCI we know of.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I think CI was CCI's plant, then was sold.
View Quote

That's what I have been told also.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
$40.00 for a brick of 500
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered a box of the CCI standard to try in my Savage.

Now for a range report as promised with my Marlin 70 and Romanian M69 trainer. Targets shot at 25 yards. Top picture is from the Romanian trainer, Federal Champion 40Gr on left and CI on the right. Bottom picture is from the Marlin 70, Federal on left and CI on the right. These are 5 shot groups. The Romanian preferred the Federal Champion while the Marlin preferred the CI. Conclusion is the CI ammo is pretty decent stuff and functions well as the CCI AR in my dedicated AR. It's a toss up (to me) if it's worth the price or not.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top