Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:34:44 PM EDT
I've owned three other Comp-Tac holsters, (2 of which were M-tacs) this one sucks!

When did they change to this new shell? I can't imagine this latest version will last long, just a heads up if you've been thinking about getting one. I did a quick video to show the issues with them.  
Comp-Tac Spartan review.: http://youtu.be/9cf98byT1zE

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
. Wow, it almost looks like a poor attempt at a universal kydex shell.  I know it isn't, but that is what it made me think of.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Like I've stated ive been in contact with the company, I got this in an email today from their sales supervisor.

"I did watch your video and I understand your concerns. From looking the holster over in the video, I can’t see anything wrong with the holster. It appears to be made to spec. We make them looser now based off of customer feedback that we have received over the years. Feedback, stating that their holsters were simply too tight so we changed the mold."

I understand what's he's saying but disagree.  I wouldn't even want to run while wearing this holster in fear it wouldn't stay put.  As a CCW holster, not a gaming holster, it should have some retention and I doubt seriously a pistol would saty in place if god forbid, you got into a physical altercation and ended up on the ground.  

Keep in mind I have used an M-Tac for a few years, never once did i ever feel it had to much retention.  In fact my pistol fell out once when I was shooting rifles prone, didn't even know I was laying on top of it until I got up to go paint targets. This Spartan has less retention than I remember my M-Tac having....

Ultimatly they are the maker of their product and they can do as they wish, I'm just not sure how a holster company could be OK with this as a CCW holster.  Makes wonder if they even have a clue anymore.....

Having said all that they will take the holster back minus my shipping fees to and from, I don't anticipate an issue being refunded but we'll see.

Pretty sad.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a comptac belt and mtac holster about 6 years ago for a Glock 27. I have loved the belt and holster combo from day one and I recommended comptac to many other people. I noticed a couple years ago they started changing the holster bodies and they appeared cheap.

I was considering just this week buying another comptac holster, but after seeing this review I will pass and save my money.

The holster body looks like they are definitely cutting corners. Lost the handmade touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top