Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 11:55:42 AM EDT
On the 17th, I get an email from US Cav about their upcoming Christmas sales...

It states,

17th, 20% off order

18th, 17% off order

19th, 13% off order

So morning of the 17th, I go put 2 items in my cart, when I put the code in the box and hit apply, it says code invalid.  I try 2-3 times with Firefox, then I try with IE, then Chrome..  All same thing..  So I try from my phone...  Same, Invalid code...

I call them and explain what I have going on...  Without asking what items I have in the cart, the lady says "well, those items are probably not valid for the deal."

I said, well there was no asterisks, limited to certain items or small print in the email or the website that would lead a customer to that conclusion.

She said, remove those Items from the cart and try another/different type of items...  So in efforts to be cooperative I try 3 different items...  All in different categories, all items I told her I was going to try...

She puts me on hold for like 15 mins (I watched the time as I was waiting to get on a Conf call) another lady get on and asks what I need.  I told her I was holding for another lady, who was attempting to help me.  She asked what the issue was and I explain all over...

Then I said I was calling to see if they could just manually put in the order, you know, OLD SCHOOL - a Phone Order, like before the Web....

So 35 mins later, we are about to end the call...  I say are you going to email me a confirmation of my order, order number, summary of order and shipping info???  Yes the system will generate that and send it out in a few.  OK... Can I confirm my e-mail address???  She does..  OK thank you have a nice day...

Most of the time when you order something now, as soon as you click submit you get something within a minute or so..

All day goes by, Nothing...  Next morning I call and explain, what happened and that we placed a phone order yesterday morning, but I still had not seen any confirmation email...  I asked her could she verify my order.   After I give her my info, she says OK, I'll call you back in just a few mins with your order info...

A few mins...  Riiiiiiight, I'm thinking...

End of the day, Still nothing, I call back end explain yet again.

This time this lady pulls up my order, supposedly and gives me an order number...  She says they can't pull up the order to see what was in it or when it will ship and it should email me in a few days as soon as the order is processed...

I feel like it should not be this big of a deal to place a stupid order...

As small of a shop as Larue is, I place an order, hit Submit and I get a conf email with tracking #, or a few mins later I get a second email with tacking #, then 1-3 days later my item arrives, with swag to boot...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I visited the uscav store down by ft. knox a few years back.  I wasn't impressed with there instore cust. service then either...

as a result, I never ordered through the web from them either.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I visited the uscav store down by ft. knox a few years back.  I wasn't impressed with there instore cust. service then either...

View Quote

This may be my last...  Too many other choices that I've had much better exp with...

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't realize they were still around.

Back in the day I used to order tons of stuff from them.  I still wear my parka every winter when I shovel snow.

Shame to hear they aren't providing good service now.

Now that I think about US Cav, I wonder what ever happened to my tanker boots?  I'm going to be tearing the garage apart when I get home tonight.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This may be my last...  Too many other choices that I've had much better exp with...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far to many options to put up with that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never even heard of them
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've never even heard of them
View Quote
yea, they've been around since I was a kid....  http://www.uscav.com/home.aspx?tabid=548

I've always thought of them as OK...  Somehow I started getting their catalogs way back in the day and then I'd check there and see if they had gear I wanted for a decent price, I'd use'em...  Been awhile since I ordered from them I think...  I don't even remember when or what it was...

That and I think I've heard some reports of them filing for bankruptcy or restructuring or something like that...

Either way, If they don't make good on this, I'll never use them again and I'll spread the word...  

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Update, er uhh, no real update....

Both items showed instock when I placed the order (on 12/17/2014)  Called today (1/2/2015) and gave them my order #, lady says it shows its in the system, but not when it'll be processed or shipped...  

I said OK, can we look into whats the hold up???  I got the I'm sorry, it doesn't tell in the system...

Her only offer was that I could cancel my order and order some where else...

I'm wondering if thats what they want me to do as they just don't want to honor the 20% off of the price of two jackets...
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If I am dissatisfied with a company's service I have NO problem politely but firmly asking to speak with a Supervisor and so on and so forth until I am satisfied.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Update, er uhh, no real update....

Both items showed instock when I placed the order (on 12/17/2014)  Called today (1/2/2015) and gave them my order #, lady says it shows its in the system, but not when it'll be processed or shipped...  

I said OK, can we look into whats the hold up???  I got the I'm sorry, it doesn't tell in the system...

Her only offer was that I could cancel my order and order some where else...

I'm wondering if thats what they want me to do as they just don't want to honor the 20% off of the price of two jackets...
If I am dissatisfied with a company's service I have NO problem politely but firmly asking to speak with a Supervisor and so on and so forth until I am satisfied.

Yea, I'm going to do that on Monday I think...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top