Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:03:28 PM EDT
Hello, I'm new to this site as far as joining but I've been on here several times. I'm not here to argue, but just want to have a discussion with everyone. I know with everything going on in Ferguson is causing a lot of people to show hatred and to be weary of other people that's not like them. Well everyone is different and that goes for every race. I don't agree with the rioters are doing at all and I'm not out there either. I've always said that Missouri is the most segregated place that I've been/lived in and I'm really starting to see it. I've been to other places and felt more comfortable about it. Now don't get me wrong, I love St.Louis and the surrounding areas, but really don't like the environment. I've heard racist comments from both sides and just want to put those people on an island by themselves and let them have at it. I've heard white people say "Let's go in Ferguson and snipe some blacks!" and I've heard black people say "Let's go into white neighborhoods and kill them!"! Now me being black, I shouldn't be targeted for something that I can't change and I don't agree with any of those statements made by those people. I wish we all could just understand each other. Now we all know that there is police brutality out here and we all also know that the justice system isn't fair to many people. Especially people regardless of race that don't have  of money. We all know that this country needs to change for the better and we all need to stand together as a nation. Now we all know that majority of nonwhites are targeted more than whites. If you don't see that then something is wrong. Every race has there bad people and it is what it is. We just have to make sure that we don't raise our children like that. We all know that there are people out here in every level of government that don't have any good intentions. Unfortunately, we need to leave it up to God himself to judge them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Until blacks turn away from the thug culture and begin shunning those who embrace it, nothing will change. Until blacks stop clinging to and preaching the victim mentality, nothing will change.  Very few people are victimized by "the man" who didn't bring it onto themselves by their own actions.  Just like Mike.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site.  I think a lot of people here will agree with pretty much everything you said.  The main concern here is not skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc.  It's freedom.  If you believe in the freedom of people to live their lives free of government interference, are willing to work for what you have and don't try to infringe on the rights of others, you'll fit in just fine around here.  

But to truly know if you fit in, you have to correctly answer the following questions:

Chili - beans or no beans?

9mm or .45?

Glock or 1911?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
yes I believe in freedom and I joined the Marines back in 2009 and to the second poster....I'm young and black and not a thug and police have given me many breaks from tickets and from carrying a legal firearm while protecting my friend because he did something stupid and people were trying to gain entry into his house...until i came over and forcibly told them to let the police handle it.

Now to answer your questions.

1. beans
2. 9mm because velocity equals better penetration while .45 might retain more of its energy at a distance
3. i don't like glocks but because I work at cabelas and I can get one for $300 but I choose 1911
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been in Law Enforcement for over thirty years. I can truthfully state that I've never seen an officer profile someone on race.

I've been accused of pulling blacks over because of race...I've mostly worked at night. I defy anyone to tell me what color a driver is at night and especially when you are working a 40 mph+ zone.

Why have I pulled over vehicles?

Expired License Plates
Speeding
Missouri vehicles failing to display a front plate
Erratic driving
Window tint darker than allowed by RSMo
Loud exhaust
Running either Red or Blue LEDs

If you fit one of these criteria, you ARE going to eventually be talking to a LEO.

BTW, if you just strong armed a cigar store and attack a responding officer, it will not end well for you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#5]
In the city you use to do , you never seen one officer in particular racial profile the driver and pull him over ??
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes I understand everything you're mentioning and you right. But not just an officer, but ordinary armed citizen as well. I've never been pulled over because of my race and to me it doesn't matter because every time I've been pulled over, it was because of something I've done. But I'm not speaking on the situation because I wasn't there and everyone has the ability to lie and some times even evidence can be misconstrued to fit an agenda or outcome. I believe there are some bad officers out there after all there are some bad people. But I just think we as a nation need to do better and should be able to not pull the race card on both sides....I have friends of all colors and when I went to the Marines, I trained with people of all colors and still keep up with them to this day and we will back each other up if it's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Dang..not going to read that....you know how to use the enter key?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#8]
What is going on in Ferguson is not as much about race as people are making it. If that were the case those businesses that were black owned and posted as many did would have been left alone. That was not the case because the rioters just wanted to be destructive. This all started with the community being duped by a like thug who told everyone at the scene that Brown was shot in the back with his hands up. That was proven not to be the case. But as a culture every time a ruling comes down and is not to their liking the race card is used. The grand jury in this case was essential because many of the blacks who came forward and told the truth might not have had the courage to do it in court for fear of retribution. I am now retired after 25 years in law enforcement and worked in all parts of St. Louis. My goal every shift was to come home to my family, and in doing this I treated everyone fairly up until they gave me a reason not to. Race was not the predominate factor stupidity was. I have run into the stupid factor in every race color and creed known to man. I think most officers worked the same way. I know we had some knuckleheads but those usually didn't last long before they screwed up. Today the police are painted with a broad brush of racism until proven other wise. This presents a problem in todays policing. Until all people stop condoning bad behavior and turning a blind eye to it nothing will change.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I never thought it was about race but right or wrong. But I know one thing...I'll be glad when everything calms down
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never thought it was about race but right or wrong. But I know one thing...I'll be glad when everything calms down
View Quote

So, who did YOU think was right and who was wrong?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yes I believe in freedom and I joined the Marines back in 2009 and to the second poster....I'm young and black and not a thug and police have given me many breaks from tickets and from carrying a legal firearm while protecting my friend because he did something stupid and people were trying to gain entry into his house...until i came over and forcibly told them to let the police handle it.

Now to answer your questions.

1. beans
2. 9mm because velocity equals better penetration while .45 might retain more of its energy at a distance
3. i don't like glocks but because I work at cabelas and I can get one for $300 but I choose 1911
View Quote

I thought you were going to fit in here, but I don't think it's gonna work out.

Any freedom loving American knows that chili has no beans!   COME ON MAN!  Don't label your hamburger and bean soup the same as my delicious chili, it's insensitive!

Listen, you'll fit in fine here because you a be already made a couple statements that would lead me to believe that you understand personal responsibility. The thug culture Assaulter mentioned is based around nothing being anyone's fault or responsibility. It's my fault if I'm driving 15mph over the speed limit and get a ticket, it's not because of my skin color or tattoos, or because the cop profiled me while I was driving 85mph on the highway! Having cops in the family, I always found it funny when they would mention how often they were called racist or accused of profiling, yet the accuser had no idea that the officer's wife was black and their son was mixed......but you know, he's white, so the race card works right?

When people stop using their race or skin color as a crutch, excuse, and cop-out......then racial issues will cease to exist. My grandfathers generation is dying off fast, and is one of the last generations to see it as acceptible to be racist and in a job beyond a part time janitor. My generation, my father's generation, and my young son's generation judge more people based on their character, how they carry themselves, and their actions. If I were a cop, I would pull over cars with smoke rolling out of nearly shut windows, I'm going to pull over vehicles driving suspiciously slow by houses, and I'm pulling over vehicles with broken lights and expired tags. If I'm in an area primarily habitatted by black people, I'll be labeled racist, and if I'm in an area primarily habitatted by white people, I'll be labeled a 'damn cop' by white trash. It's always a lose-lose for a cop working a thankless job.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Until blacks turn away from the thug culture and begin shunning those who embrace it, nothing will change. Until blacks stop clinging to and preaching the victim mentality, nothing will change.  Very few people are victimized by "the man" who didn't bring it onto themselves by their own actions.  Just like Mike.
View Quote

In addition to this there a just as many wanna be white trash pin heads wanting to run around acting like the same gangsters.  It works both ways.
Both sides make me sick.

At any rate, welcome to the site...

Correct answers to questions....

Chili - Yes
9mm or .45 - Yes
Glock or 1911 - Yes.  
Because Ace, I can shoot with both hands.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#16]
OP you'll fit in fine I have, glad to get some more color in this forum they needed it .  All kidding aside you and I share a lot of the same feelings but when you get with a group of guys like I have, my race has never came up, we all love to shoot and we all love to train and we all have each others back and thats all that counts.  It seems like it's some good guys in the STL area, KC area myself so I'm sure you'll find some guys to run with.  It's really up to guys like all of us on this forum cause we all share more in common with each other than most of the ignorant people that can't see past skin color do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP you'll fit in fine I have, glad to get some more color in this forum they needed it .  All kidding aside you and I share a lot of the same feelings but when you get with a group of guys like I have, my race has never came up, we all love to shoot and we all love to train and we all have each others back and thats all that counts.  It seems like it's some good guys in the STL area, KC area myself so I'm sure you'll find some guys to run with.  It's really up to guys like all of us on this forum cause we all share more in common with each other than most of the ignorant people that can't see past skin color do.
View Quote

That is pretty much it. Who cares what color someone is? When I'm around people I could care less as long as they act like human beings. If you are having good conversation, dinner, beers...whatever, I just have a good time and not think about it. I am afterall....colorblind anyways.

I am not prejudice, except against stupidity.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#18]
You HAVE GOT to be the whitest black guy I've ever met, or your not a black fella..
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Better post than I expected, seeing it was about race and then a screen name with Hostile and the St. Louis area code.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#20]
IIF "Black lives Matter". Why are not these protestors marching every night down on the north side of the city? You would almost think it is open season there and down on the state streets. Oh I see, its ok for blacks to kill blacks, but not white police officers to do so. My Friend this culture of violence perpetuate by the blacks is the root of the problem. As a white man when I start to hear gun shots on a regular bases a few streets over. What do you think I am going to do? Hell yes I am going to move further out away from the city. And the majority of whites study harder and get better paying jobs. So that tax base that we generate is going to move out with us. This is the beginning of the death of a city as we have seen in the past. I expect that Ferguson will be next, and not to far in the future Florissant and Hazelwood. I used to live in Wedgewood I have seen the changes. I will never visit my old home (drive past it). And I surely will never visit the first house I knew of on Earl in Castlepoint. Whitey just aint welcome in these areas anymore. Kind of like Kinlock and Berkly where in the 70s. Oh and my grandparents lived on College in Jennings. Think it would be safe for a white guy to drive by and look at that house? Yet I think it would be much safer for a black man that looks like my counter-self ( appearance). To travel around mostly white neighborhoods. As someone else pointed out. If this is a race issue, why do blacks burn down black owned businesses? Its just your culture. Just like "My baby didnt do any thing wrong". Yet just a few minutes earlier this angel just strong armed a shop owner and stole from him. Come on, call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. Open your fricken eyes and tell me Michel didnt do any thing wrong. .
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You HAVE GOT to be the whitest black guy I've ever met, or your not a black fella..
View Quote

Yes chad9mm this could be a troll. But in my above post I mentioned that I lived in Wedgewood (about 2 miles north of Lindbergh on Hallsferry rd.  Back then of about 500 or so houses there might have been 3 black families. One was across the street. The boy was a few years older than me. But we got along just fine. Till the mother didnt want us playing together. What made him and his family different is that for what I knew of them is that both parents were well educated, good jobs, kids had to study and where expected to do well in school. I dont know if they were racist or feared that the whites were racist. Hence the cutting off of him and me playing together. The thing is this was back in the 70s and their house was never burnt down to the ground. Wonder if I was to move back into wedgewood today with a mostly black community. How well would I be received?  

Point being, I have met black people that dont need to have their pants waistband behind their knees. Nor talk with such heavy accent or words that have a different meaning that those I have learned. Dont have a pistol in their waist band. Just people like me, but with a year around tan. They are out there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome OP, you fit here fine, and thank you for your service.  

Had a Hispanic guy once point out to me [I'm Irish] that there is only one race, , just multiple cultures.  I thought this was an excellent observation.  Some cultures choose to blend with our smorgasbord we call our Blessed Country; some choose not to blend.  

My Dad [a WWII Marine] back handed me when I was 5 yrs old [that was 1960] for using the 'N' word [I didn't even know what it meant really, just heard the older kids say it - Dad explained, we were not racists .  I was raised in Alton IL and in 1970-1973, the 3 years I went to Alton High, we had NG on campus each year because of idiots; yet those of us on the track, football, baseball... teams:  all got along fine, irrespective of skin color.  Even had a black friend stand up for/with me against idiots who had the same skin color as him.

Bottom line:  In a fallen world where we're told we arose from slime, there is no God, and it is ok to kill unborn babies AND we're suppose to develop our own self esteem [wtf, how does one do that?] we're going to have idiots.  Until we stop lying to them about personal responsibility and our True Source of self worth, we're going to have the foolishness we're experiencing.  Hunger is a great motivator.  Natural consequences to poor decisions, a great way to change bad behavior.  Question is, when are we going to return to our core values and who'll have the leadership balls to guide us to so.

Now, onto the questions

~ light beans, double meat, preferably that which was shot in the woods of MO
~ 9mm
~ Glock
~ bacon and pie
~ Ice cream!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Had a Hispanic guy once point out to me [I'm Irish] that there is only one race, , just multiple cultures.  I thought this was an excellent observation.  Some cultures choose to blend with our smorgasbord we call our Blessed Country; some choose not to blend.  

My Dad [a WWII Marine] back handed me when I was 5 yrs old [that was 1960] for using the 'N' word [I didn't even know what it meant really, just heard the older kids say it - Dad explained, we were not racists .  I was raised in Alton IL and in 1970-1973, the 3 years I went to Alton High, we had NG on campus each year because of idiots; yet those of us on the track, football, baseball... teams:  all got along fine, irrespective of skin color.  Even had a black friend stand up for/with me against idiots who had the same skin color as him.

Bottom line:  In a fallen world where we're told we arose from slime, there is no God, and it is ok to kill unborn babies AND we're suppose to develop our own self esteem [wtf, how does one do that?] we're going to have idiots.  Until we stop lying to them about personal responsibility and our True Source of self worth, we're going to have the foolishness we're experiencing.  Hunger is a great motivator.  Natural consequences to poor decisions, a great way to change bad behavior.  Question is, when are we going to return to our core values and who'll have the leadership balls to guide us to so.

Now, onto the questions

~ 9mm
~ Glock
~ bacon and pie
~ Ice cream!
View Quote

Where is that damn LIKE button?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
lol I know I get that alot....while the username which is name I use alot...an email address that i only use for playstation not work lol, playstation username, while anyone can get hostile at times depending on the situation. I'm a very nice person unless the situation causes me to become hostile which thankfully i haven't had to use yet. The only time i would get that way is when I have to protect people from harm if I can or if I have to protect myself. And yes the area code is because I'm from st.louis
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
well I wasn't there so I really can't say, but if mike did attack the officer and if he was really that much bigger then the officer and if the officer felt threatened then shot him fine. What I don't agree with is the distance from the vehicle to the last shots which was 100+ feet and me as a civilian would have done that, I would've been thrown in jail, so I'm not either side. I don't put myself in those situations and never had a bad experience with a cop. Actually St.Louis county and Ferguson which has mostly white cops let me go more and while I believe there are some bad cops, majority of cops are good people who don't see color.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I think you will fit in with us VERY well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, onto the questions

~ 9mm
~ Glock
~ bacon and pie
~ Ice cream!

Great observation
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Great, another damn......

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )
View Quote

Thanks and army huh
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks and army huh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )

Thanks and army huh

Couldn't resist man.....you'll fit in fine here!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )

Thanks and army huh

Yeah i know I'll fit in and how many young people around my age be on here and even a little bit older?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )

Thanks and army huh

Damn! Surrounded by a lot of grunts.  Surely there has to be some of us who think with their brains and not their peckers. Who else was in the USAF?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Welcome !!!!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Your going to have to show up to the spring shoot before I'll believe this..
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spring shoot?? what is that?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100 neck beards, guns, ammo, steel targets.....then copious amounts of alcohol after.

Side note.....meat + beans = soup or stew

Side note 2.....difference between a civilian and a cop when considering distance from the vehicle. It is not a civilian's job to pursue and arrest someone. You or I would have locked the car door and called the cops. The cop is to apprehend the person who assaulted a police officer. If Mike Brown would have laid down on the pavement and put his hands behind his back, he would be alive and on his way to prison.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

100 neck beards, guns, ammo, steel targets.....then copious amounts of alcohol after.

Side note 2.....difference between a civilian and a cop when considering distance from the vehicle. It is not a civilian's job to pursue and arrest someone. You or I would have locked the car door and called the cops. The cop is to apprehend the person who assaulted a police officer. If Mike Brown would have laid down on the pavement and put his hands behind his back, he would be alive and on his way to prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for truth.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But to truly know if you fit in, you have to correctly answer the following questions:

View Quote

NO BEANS!

I GUARANTEE I have made more Chili than everyone on the HTF combined. Probably more in one day than everyone has in their lifetime.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Welcome and thanks so much for your service!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

NO BEANS!

I GUARANTEE I have made more Chili than everyone on the HTF combined. Probably more in one day than everyone has in their lifetime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NO BEANS!

I knew there was a reason I like you....thin brown beanless line!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Welcome aboard Hostile.

Don't worry Max-Paul, the forces are here, just silently waiting for the stealth of night. USAF 57th MMS '73-'77.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#43]
What kind of man doesn't put beans in chili?  Chad, you are screwy.  Op, welcome!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Welcome aboard Hostile.

Don't worry Max-Paul, the forces are here, just silently waiting for the stealth of night. USAF 57th MMS '73-'77.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey! Welcome Hostile314 and SEMPER FI!

You asked for "discussion." Here's some:

The comment made about being only one race, the "human race," is 100% true. We all come from differing family backgrounds, cultures, traditions, and up-bringing. Let me go a step further--WE ARE ALL AMERICANS! PERIOD!

Let's all cut out this "race" deal and "rich vs. poor" deal, and myriad other emotional triggers to get blood heated up--it's only being used by the "puppet-masters" to control people.

Most folks I know don't give a hoot in heck what color of skin you have as long as you're decent, have manners, show others respect, and want to help out others less fortunate. Here's my take on race (and I've been here 70+ Summers on God's Green earth):

1. If you are a hermit or live on a mountaintop, you can prolly just do as you please. You will have FREEDOM without RESPONSIBILITY. Think about it: shoot your guns anywhere, do whatever you please. No one to call you out. Pure FREEDOM, but is sure is LONELY up on FREEDOM'S HILL!

2. BUT--the minute you start thinking about walking "down that lonely mountain" down into town for a beer, medical attention, grub, a gal, or for mere curiosity, NOW you are in an entirely different environment. Towns, cities, and villages were formed and set up by communal humans with LAWS, RULES, and REGS. So the deal is: sure, you're welcome to stay, BUT obey the rules, or you'll be standing tall before the man (various "authorities.") Now, FREEDOM is allied with PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

The first known "organized" city was Ur, now in present day Iraq, who formed up about 3,800 B.C and the first thing they did was build a wall around the place (beaucoup marauders, even back then) and literally carved a bunch of law on stone pillars and then set them up in the town square. Read 'em and weep. Break the rules and get punished (often punishable by death--that solved a lot of minor and major problems back then, just like in feudal Japan and the early samurai era.)

3.  So there's a story to be told here--in order to obey laws, you have to know what they are understand them, and be aware of the consequences of violating them. Also, these laws must be vigorously and quickly enforced and judged by a dispassionate judiciary--the old "blind justice" deal.

4. So the whole human race has got to know, understand, and abide by certain rules OR there's simply anarchy and chaos.

5. Here's the real tough part--a lot of folks just don't comprehend "personal responsibility" along with FREEDOM. They think FREEDOM is license to do anything. (Not!) So when men today make babies and abandon them and the child's mother, responsibility has been breached and broken. How can a child get properly raised up by only one parent? That's why marriage is so important--two diverse personalities--join to care, nurture, and develop young ones. A child becomes fully formed as a human being. (been doing this since 3,800 B.C. remember?)

6. But how does one learn these rules, regs, and laws. Mostly family, your peer group, and hopefully, a decent school, Schools, for the most past, are horrible. Warehouses for kids. I taught HS for years in the inner-city. Had to disarm kids with loaded 12 ga shotguns with hair triggers, wheel guns, and knives galore. These kids were mostly living with grandparents (over their heads with issues), legal guardians or strangers. Where's the parents?

7. Enter the POLITICIAN, who knows if s/he promises voters the moon, they will keep electing him/her. Politicians say: "Society be damned; all I want is re-election, to slop on the public trough. Let the next guy worry about the problems. (bad stuff--very bad.) So these politicians have encouraged families to either disintegrate or be broken up, personal responsibility to be absent, and rather than the obvious solver of most problems--the nuclear family--it has been replaced by massive, uncaring, impersonal, and a huge centralized government. (Bad. very bad.)

8. Ok, so now there are millions of kids with little or no parental guidance or upbringing, TV and mass media preaching violence and thuggery solves all problems, and, in essence, very little TOUGH LOVE and DISCIPLINE out there. A recipe for disaster. The pot seems to boil over quite regularly, no?

8. Solution: we all have to get back to basics: LOVE, HONOR, DECENCY, RESPECT and the RULE OF LAW, at every level. Every action has two kinds of results: intended and un-intended consequences. Every act we do has to be thought out in this regard. Native American tribes often held councils for its men and women to decide on actions which would impact their tribe 100 years in the future! And, they had zero politicians. Society used to call them"savages." In this regard, I don't think so.

we all got a whole lot to do to make America better. Start now. DO IT!

Glad to have you aboard!

...White Patriot or Black Patriot--their blood is still RED and ALL-AMERICAN!
Boston Massacre--5 MARCH 1770--Crispus Attucks KIA.

an old man's rant, over and out!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Damn! Surrounded by a lot of grunts.  Surely there has to be some of us who think with their brains and not their peckers. Who else was in the USAF?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Marine!  

ARMY FTW!!

(OH, and welcome!! )
Thanks and army huh

Off topic/for future reference, quote trees should be pruned.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top