Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 11:34:10 AM EDT
I searched and the most recent thread I found was from 2011.

I'm supposed to go tomorrow night and really don't want to travel empty handed in light of current events.

Thanks,

Bob
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to a game last week with my fiancee for her friend's birthday.  They now wand everyone coming through the front gates.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If the security is anything like Busch Stadium it's pretty lax. Ankle carryor behind a belt buckle to get in would probably do it lol.

I'm allowed to carry due to the job so I told an on site LEO at the gate at Busch. He asked if they caught it and I said no just wanted you to be aware. He laughed and said if they don't catch it you're good. It's kind of like practice for them. Lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have season tickets and make almost every game.

They don't wand everyone, but they wand most people now.  The people using the wands don't all do it the same either.  Most of them don't run the wands all the way down to your ankles, but some do.

Bottom line: you're probably going to have a pretty hard time getting into the building with a CCW these days.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Not what I wanted to hear but I do appreciate you letting me know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Just went to the Blackhawks on Saturday and the wanding was a complete joke. I left the G19 in the truck but had a BM Barrage and BM Infidel on me. Before my turn, the guy wanding barely got the waist area or thigh area of anyone. Plus the wand was going off like crazy and he just kept rushing people through. I could have easily carried AIWB and they would have never bothered. I'll probably just carry next time. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Chiefs game was like that Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just went to the Blackhawks on Saturday and the wanding was a complete joke. I left the G19 in the truck but had a BM Barrage and BM Infidel on me. Before my turn, the guy wanding barely got the waist area or thigh area of anyone. Plus the wand was going off like crazy and he just kept rushing people through. I could have easily carried AIWB and they would have never bothered. I'll probably just carry next time. <shrugs>
View Quote

I was telling my buddy the story about my wife patting me down before I left the house in the line, and the dude wanding people laughed and waved me through, no check!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
They might be turning a blind eye towards people who do not look like trouble. But can all of sudden get all up someones butt if they look like trouble. What say ye?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Tuck your shirt in without clips or loops showing and I bet they ignore you just like they did with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top