Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 12:16:53 PM EDT
With all of the excitement in and around STL I am not really looking forward to being disarmed, however the Dome is a no-carry zone. So the question is, do I leave it in the car or leave it at home? I'll probably be in the downtown area all day, from 8 and to 11pm if everything goes as planned.

I've read where the bad guys are breaking into cars around the dome looking for stored guns.Not sure how true that is or with what frequency that is happening.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

SBD
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
When I go downtown to a game and can't carry, I park in an attended lot (not a garage) and try to park as close the the attendant stand as possible.  Not sure if it would really help, but I would imagine having the attendant there, would scare off anyone breaking into cars.  I lock my pistol in the glove box.  I should get some kind of lock box I can secure to the car, but I don't leave the gun in the car very often.  

I really dislike the idea of heading into or out of a game where a bad guy knows you're unarmed, but also figure that with the large crowds, the chances of anything happening are slim.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont do it... I think we all need to boycott areas with more than say 50 persent American/Africans. Just not safe for us whiteys.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

With all of the excitement in and around STL I am not really looking forward to being disarmed, however the Dome is a no-carry zone. So the question is, do I leave it in the car or leave it at home? I'll probably be in the downtown area all day, from 8 and to 11pm if everything goes as planned.

I've read where the bad guys are breaking into cars around the dome looking for stored guns.Not sure how true that is or with what frequency that is happening.

SBD

View Quote
Do not leave it in the Vehicle... If you do, your gift wrapping it for Sandwich shooters...

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm There is a business opportunity here some where.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I go downtown to a game and can't carry, I park in an attended lot (not a garage) and try to park as close the the attendant stand as possible.  Not sure if it would really help, but I would imagine having the attendant there, would scare off anyone breaking into cars.  I lock my pistol in the glove box.  I should get some kind of lock box I can secure to the car, but I don't leave the gun in the car very often.  

I really dislike the idea of heading into or out of a game where a bad guy knows you're unarmed, but also figure that with the large crowds, the chances of anything happening are slim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is my concern. Although, in past visits I have never had an issue in downtown STL. Last time I was there was before I had a CCL, we visited the City Museum, took the beer tour, Arch, etc. just a little more concerned nowadays.

Quoted:
Quoted:

SBD
Do not leave it in the Vehicle... If you do, your gift wrapping it for Sandwich shooters...

This is probably the route I will go, I don't like the idea of leaving a gun unattended all day in the vehicle, just looking for someone to push me off the fence.

Thanks to all for your replies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy a cable lock and lock it to a seat frame in your car.  Just run the cable through the trigger guard or magwell.  I do it from time to time and it will stop a smash and grab.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dont do it... I think we all need to boycott areas with more than say 50 persent American/Africans. Just not safe for us whiteys.
View Quote

Surrender is the answer.

Buckle under.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buy a cable lock and lock it to a seat frame in your car.  Just run the cable through the trigger guard or magwell.  I do it from time to time and it will stop a smash and grab.
View Quote

This is a really good idea.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top