Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 11:18:11 AM EDT
Looking for a gun club that has pits with steel targets for practicing some 3 gun basics. Arnold looks like a good place to do so. Is anyone here a member, and can you tell me if my impression is correct?

Also, would you be willing to go out with me at some point to tour the club and sponsor my membership?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]

http://arnoldgunclub.org/

ARPC has steel plate racks in the pistol bays

100yrd rifle, backstops for paper

I think membership officers are there on Saturday and possibly Wednesday

NRA membership required, I don't think they require a sponsor, but I can't remember

this pic is old, the dirt side-berms are concrete walls now.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Can you use shotgun (7.5 shot) on those plate racks?

Their application currently asks for a member sponsor

How crowded are the bays during the weekends?

Also, if we bring our own steel rifle targets, is there anywhere we can set it up?

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
They have recently started enforcing the rules, which require a sponsor & a safety test, among others. They have membership people there Wed. & Sat., from 8 am til noon. They will gladly give you a tour of all they have to offer. They have the plate racks shown, they also have numerous IPSC/Steel Plates that can be place into unlimited scenarios. They allow steel plates only in the pits, personal or club. Not sure on the shotgun, as the rules is pistol calibers only. It shouldn't matter, though. Should be ok. But you'll have to ask someone there. Be glad to answer any questions you might have. If on the fence about joining, I'd cross it soon. Fees are increasing next year.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Might want to look at Bench Rest Rifle Clun of St. Louis. They have what you are looking for and shoot 3gun matches there 4-5 times a year.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Might want to look at Bench Rest Rifle Clun of St. Louis. They have what you are looking for and shoot 3gun matches there 4-5 times a year.
View Quote
Bench rest is almost 3x the distance from me , otherwise I would

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I just looked at the calender, and the amin office is closed this Saturday because it's a holiday weekend.
( range is open)

here's a few more pics I found.

rifle

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Closed for memberships...the range is not closed to members.  Just wanted to clarify.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Closed for memberships...the range is not closed to members.  Just wanted to clarify.
View Quote

thanks
Edited my post to clarify
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I joined last year and really enjoy it.   As long as a match is not occupying most of the pits I've only had to wait for a spot to shoot once.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They have recently started enforcing the rules, which require a sponsor & a safety test, among others. They have membership people there Wed. & Sat., from 8 am til noon. They will gladly give you a tour of all they have to offer. They have the plate racks shown, they also have numerous IPSC/Steel Plates that can be place into unlimited scenarios. They allow steel plates only in the pits, personal or club. Not sure on the shotgun, as the rules is pistol calibers only. It shouldn't matter, though. Should be ok. But you'll have to ask someone there. Be glad to answer any questions you might have. If on the fence about joining, I'd cross it soon. Fees are increasing next year.

Brian
View Quote

Plus 1 for Benchrest.  It is a great bp leave to shoot
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I joined last year and really enjoy it.   As long as a match is not occupying most of the pits I've only had to wait for a spot to shoot once.
View Quote

ARPC is a good place to shoot. My father was a member there back when they were still in their old location & put a fair amount of work into the club when they moved.

I spent my formative shooting years there myself. It's one of the better parts of Jeff county that I miss.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Great place to shoot, keep in mind that they are raising initiation fees come 1/1/15 so it would be wise to joint before the end of this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top