Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 8:24:51 PM EDT
And I'm looking for a scope to go with it, it's in pristine shape and I got a great deal on it. Would like to add an original type 97 scope. Anyone know where one might be laying around?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice score! Good luck finding a decently priced scope. I've been looking for one for my 99 for a long time now. You might get lucky though. Most of the snipers rifles around don't have scopes, so everyone is looking for one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No pics?
How can you post about such a thing and not post pics?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics will follow shortly, was hoping to not have to show her off naked as no proper sniper rifle should go scope less!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics will follow shortly, was hoping to not have to show her off naked as no proper sniper rifle should go scope less!
View Quote

For Shame....
Some of the BEST snipers used IRON sights....
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
there has been a strange influx of Japanese rifles in my area within the last year or so, used to never see ANY (last I saw before this influx was probably 3-4 years ago) and now suddenly one of the local pawn stores has had three of them (two T99's and a T38 carbine; I got one of the T99 and the carbine) and another pawn shop has a nice T99 with a mostly intact mum yet.  Where are all these coming from?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
there has been a strange influx of Japanese rifles in my area within the last year or so, used to never see ANY (last I saw before this influx was probably 3-4 years ago) and now suddenly one of the local pawn stores has had three of them (two T99's and a T38 carbine; I got one of the T99 and the carbine) and another pawn shop has a nice T99 with a mostly intact mum yet.  Where are all these coming from?
View Quote

The pothead descendants of WWII vets?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More likely they came from an auction down here in Neosho. Last year there was an old guy who passed away and they had an auction selling his guns most of which were un-named in the flyers. When I showed he had over 300 type 99s in various conditions. had about 75 type 38s, several different pistols and lots of other Japanese artifacts as well as several american items circa WWII. Really, there was nothing of any great value as none of the rifles were pristine and most of the other stuff was well used, but he had ALOT of it. I ended up with 5 type 99's, one sporterized but with a good mum and numbers, one with a bad mum and great stock, one with a good sling, and one with a good AA site and bayonet, in total I pieced together one very decent rifle and sold the others for next to nothing. By the end of the auction that day, they were almost giving the type 99's away for $25 - $35 each.

BTW - Still going to post those pics, Dad came in from Florida over the weekend and I've been very busy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

More likely they came from an auction down here in Neosho. Last year there was an old guy who passed away and they had an auction selling his guns most of which were un-named in the flyers. When I showed he had over 300 type 99s in various conditions. had about 75 type 38s, several different pistols and lots of other Japanese artifacts as well as several american items circa WWII. Really, there was nothing of any great value as none of the rifles were pristine and most of the other stuff was well used, but he had ALOT of it. I ended up with 5 type 99's, one sporterized but with a good mum and numbers, one with a bad mum and great stock, one with a good sling, and one with a good AA site and bayonet, in total I pieced together one very decent rifle and sold the others for next to nothing. By the end of the auction that day, they were almost giving the type 99's away for $25 - $35 each.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty Much the same thing...
Greedy family members sell off a collection that was years in the making...

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:59:42 AM EDT
[#9]
STILL no pics...
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
STILL no pics...
View Quote

The good news is... She found the scope!!! I'm picking it up Monday and will post pics soon after!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally, with pics !!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool rifle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
nice !
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Love it!
Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top