Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 7:55:15 AM EDT
The purpose of this thread is to solicit any opinions on the three candidates in this primary to be held Aug. 5. I see a billboard, sign, etc for any one of these three about every 10 feet it seems where I live. I've also received a few mailings especially of late. Most recently a huge (10x14?) 8 page flyer from the Schneider campaign. I have to give this candidate the edge in publicity.

However, a  rep of Onder's campaign stopped by my house a while back. I'm leaning toward Onder due to the following:

Onder is a Lifetime Member of the NRA and is rated A. (Not sure about Schneider, see below). Haven't read/seen anything regarding Gatschenberger's NRA membership status. I know he "supports the 2nd Amendment".

Schneider's flyer lists a bunch of bullet points about supporting the 2nd Amendment. However is doesn't state that she is an actual member of the NRA. The flyer claims "Past A rating From NRA". I was informed she was was actually downgraded from an A to B+. May not seem like much but am told this can be significant. Are there any members here affiliated with local NRA/ILA that can add an insight/info to this?

The only other difference I have picked up on is that BOTH Gatschenberger and Schneider voted to create an Obamacare Exchange for Missouri. (To be transparent his was sent out in an Onder campaign flyer over the past few days but I was told this by a friend a month or so ago).

I have no dog in the fight one way or the other but based on the info above I will probably go with Onder.

All three appear to be "repeat" politicians.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I read that Onder was an NRA life member, and that sold it for me. I've heard too many politicians say they were "in favor" of preserving our 2A rights, and then vote against pro-gun bills. IMO, "Pro 2nd Amendment" is just jargon these days for politicians to get elected.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
While being a NRA life member isn't a bad thing, there are PLENTY of NRA members that are not true supporters of freedome so long as their hunting shotguns and rifles are untouched.

I'm not saying any of these candidates fit that profile, just pointing out we can't let off of them regardless of their affiliations.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely agree, but of the 3, Onder is the only one who states membership in the NRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top