Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 6:21:44 AM EDT
I know next to nothing about the candidates and was curious what our leos here thought about the options.

I realize the responsibility's of the department are going to be modified after the sheep voted to create a county police force but I'd still like to support someone the guys on the street want.  So long as he is ccw and 2A friendly.

Seeking the GOP nomination are sheriff's deputies Don Van and Kevin Jett; Cottleville Police Chief Scott Lewis and Dave Warner, a former Hazelwood police officer. No Democrats filed to run for the job.

Under a plan approved by voters in 2012, most of the department's law enforcement authority will shift to a new county police agency headed by an appointed chief.

The sheriff will retain supervision of court security, transporting prisoners and process serving.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump. Interested in this as well.

Who is the most pro NFA?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have an opinion on this race?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump. Still waiting also.

With this new structural change will the new Chief be responsible for NFA & CCW approvals instead of new Sheriff?

I don't remember this proposed change on any previous ballot at all.

I assume the new County Chief will be appointed versus elected by the people like the Sheriff. If this is true this sucks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
1st post!

From my limited memory, the County wide Police force was a last minute amendment that was put on the 2012 ballot. It passed mainly because it was intentionally confusingly worded, and people didn't have enough time to read about it. I don't know anything about the Sheriff candidates, but Dave Warner states he supports the repealing of this Amendment and links this on his site: http://www.sheriffpreservation.org/

If this is the case, he gets my support.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Any one with more info?

Guess I'll see what putting each of their names into google can get me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top