Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2012 2:23:03 PM EDT
He's a member here, but does not have interwebs at his new place yet.  Some gunstore commando told him he has to register it?  So he asked me to ask here for him.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No.

This.

Link Posted: 4/22/2012 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guy, he figured as much once the Gunstore commando told him his uncle got to keep his M16 when he got out of Veit Nam.  Just wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He should go to the gunshop to ask the moron about the process for registering a pistol in Missouri.

This.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If there is one piece of advice I could give it is to never listen to unknown people at a gunshop!!!!  A lot of them are full of shit!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Well in fairness to the gunstore commando he probably has not purchased a handgun since 2007 and does not know that the permit to acquire is no longer in existence. Funny how people do not learn about these great changes to our laws.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If there is one piece of advice I could give it is to never listen to unknown people at a gunshop!!!!  A lot of them are full of shit!!!!

MOST........when I walk in and ask if they have anything with I threaded barrel that I can't live without, then get told "silencers are illegal, there's no need for a threaded pistol barrel".....I usually mutter "you shoulda told the ATF not to approve mine then" before I walk out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Funny how some people think they know something, and won't listen to more intelligent people.

I was on jury duty in the City of St. Louis last week. During the questioning for a trial, I made sure they knew my affiliation with firearms. Well during a recess, I had several people surrounding me asking questions, and this one moron stated that you are no longer allowed to get a CCW in the city. I told him that he was mistaken, and I had just recently renewed mine. He went on to tell me that now the mayor had to give permission. Even had to write a letter to that effect for anyone to apply. I again reiterated hie error, and he insisted that he had seen the actual ordinance that required this. I commented that Missouri is a "shall issue" state, and that the mayor had no authority to limit this. As he opened his mouth to continue arguing, I turned away from him and began talking to the others, explaining I wasn't going to argue.

I can understand you being mistaken about a subject, and arguing that point. But to make up facts to support your argument, is beyond my comprehension..

Brian
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOST........when I walk in and ask if they have anything with I threaded barrel that I can't live without, then get told "silencers are illegal, there's no need for a threaded pistol barrel".....I usually mutter "you shoulda told the ATF not to approve mine then" before I walk out.

LOL....  Niiiiice....

Link Posted: 4/22/2012 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well in fairness to the gunstore commando he probably has not purchased a handgun since 2007 and does not know that the permit to acquire is no longer in existence. Funny how people do not learn about these great changes to our laws.

I almost forgot about the permit to acquire BS.  I think I still have a permit to acquire in my S&W 1911 box IIRC.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top