Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2012 8:05:13 AM EDT
Didn't know if anyone had heard, but OMB announced today that they are closing thier doors.
"After 16+ years in business, we have been forced to close our doors. We are sorry to not be able to do business with our customers anymore. But, there is a ton of appreciation for the past business from our customers. We will have a web based blowout sale soon. We are working it now. Prices will be really good!"
Just fyi for those who had interactions with them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
that sucks
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
They tried twice to establish a brick and mortar presence in St. Louis; the last time when they went out of business (quietly) they left a few of my peers who are responsible for purchasing in a bind as they did not notify them.  Left with sales contracts that meant nothing apparently, they were forced to scramble around and find brand/item specific suppliers on the quick.  

We ordered 6 Sig 226's from them; took so long it would have been easier for me to drive up to one of the gun shops or execute the purchase via Bud's on line.

Too much drama in that family for my tastes as a buyer, both personally and for my agency.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
They need to place an announcement on their web page.

It appears from their web page they are still in business, but they are GONE!
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
That's great! I ordered a stripped lower the other day and had it shipped to OMB. Who knows if they'll be there to transfer it to me. I called and left them a message, but so far no response.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
wasnt overly impressed with them.....at least I might try to pick some stuff up cheap when they have an online sale.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's great! I ordered a stripped lower the other day and had it shipped to OMB. Who knows if they'll be there to transfer it to me. I called and left them a message, but so far no response.

OMB and Express are not the same place.

So who'll be the new S&W supplier for the Police or retired Police in my Dad's case?

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I stopped using them a year or two ago.  They had items that were "in stock" but after they charged my card, the order status said they were backordered... for up to 8 months before I got my items.

I'm not surprised they're going out of business.

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

OMB and Express are not the same place.

So who'll be the new S&W supplier for the Police or retired Police in my Dad's case?

OMB Police supply and Express police supply are the same place. OMB Guns is the other brother's business that took over the Glock LE part and then lost it. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
OMB can go f themselves.  They stopped answering our calls months ago when we had an order for about a 100 guns.  Been a total nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what we ran into, but for a substantially less number of weapons.  Although it seems whether its 100 guns or 25 guns, their CS was BS.

Quoted:

OMB can go f themselves.  They stopped answering our calls months ago when we had an order for about a 100 guns.  Been a total nightmare.

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Wish I had some money for the sale...
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#13]
If anything is on sale, you can't tell it by looking at the webpage.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I was always a fan. I was dissapointed when they left STL. If they do have a big sale comming I may drop some cash with them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I work just a block from there. I tried to go do some lunchtime browsing yesterday and saw the note on the door. It kindof sucks because of how convenient it was for me to swing in there. I had only gotten the chance to go in once since getting the new job close to there in Dec. I used to live near Bob's Gun Rack in LS, and it was nice being close to someplace that you could swing in and look around for a little while. Oh well.

Express didn't have quite the "cozy" feel of some smaller local shops. I got the feeling that they were more oriented to the LE sales than to jaw jackers, rubber neckers and tire kickers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Couple of my friends are big fans, and I even bought a pair of boots from them.

Kind of weird they just up and closed, but I suppose that kind of happens now-a-days.  I heard a rumor just the other day that they were going to open a range?  maybe taht was the 'not related' OMB that's a bit further south....
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Couple of my friends are big fans, and I even bought a pair of boots from them.

Kind of weird they just up and closed, but I suppose that kind of happens now-a-days.  I heard a rumor just the other day that they were going to open a range?  maybe taht was the 'not related' OMB that's a bit further south....

Yes, OMB Guns is opening a range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Nothing weird about it.  While they should have welcomed the individual shopper, they targeted LE for their bread and butter as we were a regular pay check for them if we established sole purchase agreements.  Hell, my agency would have been sending 50+ officers there for uniforms, duty belts, and the various associated gear.  Our agency alone could conservatively guaranteed them $75,000 annually in sales but their CS SUCKED.  

I will miss nothing about them.  Empty promises and people left scrambling trying to find new sources without any warning from them except a posting on their website and FB accounts. At least we weren't some of the poor SOB's with weapons in transit for transfer.

Personally, they can kiss my arse...
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Next time use Harrison St gun and pawn $20. Been using them for like 10 years.

Ps. Let me know if you need any help with assembly on lower or upper. : )

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Sucks for all those with transfers or purchases in limbo.  I heard a rumor that FDIC went to bank and offered the bank more $ to cut their line of credit?   Thoughts, "under the radar" gun control?  I wondr how many more dealers this will happen to?  Or, better yet, already happened to.  If nobody is in business to sell guns, where you gonna buy them?

Tinfoil off now.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2012 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#21]
are we talking about Express Police Supply off of Strangline near 119th and I-35?

Their web site is up and running if so
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Only been in there once. They pretty much ignored me the entire time I stood there. Two guys behind the counter shootin shit with a couple cops while I stood there for probably close to 10 minutes.

I said fuck it and left. No skin off my sack. I wasn't going back anyways.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
My FFL told me the other day they shut down because they got caught selling LE discounted Glocks to civilians.  Glock hit em' with a pricey lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My FFL told me the other day they shut down because they got caught selling LE discounted Glocks to civilians.  Glock hit em' with a pricey lawsuit.

This is correct.  I believe it is to the tune of 5.5 million dollars.  The lawsuit public information was published.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.  I believe it is to the tune of 5.5 million dollars.  The lawsuit public information was published.

Two different places.  OMB guns used to be Glock distributor, and has the lawsuit pending from Glock.  It is now out south in Olathe.OMB guns

Express police supply is on strangline rd in Lenexa.  Closed due to financial issues?Express Police supply

IIRC, they are family and broke apart however many years ago.  Brothers that don't get along.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Interesting enough,BOTH  lost their contract with Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top